8l7 Midbass

smokeumtires

I was wondering if anyone has ever used the 8 inchers as mid bass'.I think it would be a nice compliment to my 15's :D if I mounted these in my doors and used em as midbass speakers? :unsure: has anyone ever heard of these as midbass drivers???FEEDBACK plz!!!

If your speaking of an 8" woofer then I doubt it will be a good Mid driver, being that they are meant for lows not Mids, total diffrent designs. CDT makes the M6 and M6+ and the 07+ that have madd mid bass, so much mid that some people with small vehicles use them as subsitutes for subs, and you will get the sound your looking for.

I have done a couple 8" midbass designs like you speak of, but they were powered with their own amp, and bandpassed (with acrossover not enclosure design) to only play within a certain frequency range..... Kinda a pain in the ass....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I have 6's and 8's in my doors

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I have done a couple 8" midbass designs like you speak of, but they were powered with their own amp, and bandpassed (with acrossover not enclosure design) to only play within a certain frequency range..... Kinda a pain in the ass....

Thats how i have my 6.5" midbasses set up. Bandpadd crossover from 100 to 500 hz

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

Archived