03 ford Taurus transmission stopped working suddenly

I have a 03 Ford Taurus with 98,xxx miles on it and the transmission randomly went out while I was driving home from work. I had no CEL and absolutely no slips or sounds from the transmission. The motor is a 3.0 v6 duratec. If anyone knows why this happened or what would be the best/cheapest fix I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

need more info. what did the car do when the transmission went out? any odd noises from the car? any clicking or popping during turns. what does the car do now when you try to put it into gear? does the shifter feel like it always did, or is it loose? try putting it in low gears. i can help, as transmissions are what i specialize in, i just need more information.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

the problems circled on the front of your car

Yes. I'm sure that Chevy in your sig has never had a single problem before.

I'm hoping it doesn't happen to mine but I've heard between 100-150k miles is when the transmission in a Taurus reaches its life. Had a problem once where the damn transmission gasket wasn't good around 50k and wasn't horrible to get fixed. Plus it was under warranty but it wouldn't have cost that much. Rebuilding on the other hand find a pro to do it.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

• 4 weeks later...

It's so people know what happened was the splines in the touque converter stripped out. And all in all it was just not a very good transmission. A lot of friction material when the pan got pulled. But it's all fixed now and I'm back to driving my car =]

• 5 months later...

Be mindful that used products will fail again... So just be cautious bro :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived