DC Sound Lab

Lvl 4 XL to 5.0k wiring/power question..

Hello all.

I'm thinking about hooking 2 Lvl.4 XL 15"s to a DC 5.0K (5,000rms @ 1ohm). Now if i wire these two subs to put a 1ohm load on the amp, will the amp push 5,000rms to each sub or will it disperse the power and push 2,500ish RMS to each woofer? Any help is appreciated! please and thank you!

2500 to each if you have a pair of subs running to it 1ohm

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

5000w / 2 subs= 10000w per sub and 2+2=22. Sorry its been a long ass day.

2500w per sub but you will never see that after rise and voltage drop unless you have found the magical solution to impedance rise and have a damn stout electrical system.

5000w / 2 subs= 10000w per sub and 2+2=22. Sorry its been a long ass day.

2500w per sub but you will never see that after rise and voltage drop unless you have found the magical solution to impedance rise and have a damn stout electrical system.

Yeah lol, I dont expect to see exactly 2500, I am just aiming for over 2K

all in the box and electrical you better have 600 amps on tap to feed it.. i estmate 3k to 3800 is what you should get.. and the lvl4 is not a xl.. it goes 3, 4,xl,5,6,neo and thats the old line the new line is m2 but same order

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

all in the box and electrical you better have 600 amps on tap to feed it.. i estmate 3k to 3800 is what you should get.. and the lvl4 is not a xl.. it goes 3, 4,xl,5,6,neo and thats the old line the new line is m2 but same order

I have the electrical covered but I appreciate the looking out! and I say Lvl. 4 XL because they are the Level 4's with the XL spider and coil upgrade :good:

I see fails in the near future

same here...

you have electrical covered for sure?

not being a dick but i feel like by asking that question your not going to know what kind of electrical to have for a 5k...

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

I have the electrical covered but I appreciate the looking out! and I say Lvl. 4 XL because they are the Level 4's with the XL spider and coil upgrade :good:

no, they are not...

the motor is bigger on the XL, go look at the weight, its like 32 lbs on the level 4 where as teh XL is like 52... cant tell me soft parts = 20 lbs

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

no, they are not...

the motor is bigger on the XL, go look at the weight, its like 32 lbs on the level 4 where as teh XL is like 52... cant tell me soft parts = 20 lbs

i think hes trying to say his level 4's have an upgraded soft parts. not that its an xl.. could be wrong though

Edited by D-train-13k

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/