DC Sound Lab

Lvl 4 XL to 5.0k wiring/power question..

all in the box and electrical you better have 600 amps on tap to feed it.. i estmate 3k to 3800 is what you should get.. and the lvl4 is not a xl.. it goes 3, 4,xl,5,6,neo and thats the old line the new line is m2 but same order

I have the electrical covered but I appreciate the looking out! and I say Lvl. 4 XL because they are the Level 4's with the XL spider and coil upgrade :good:

no, they are not...

the motor is bigger on the XL, go look at the weight, its like 32 lbs on the level 4 where as teh XL is like 52... cant tell me soft parts = 20 lbs

i think hes trying to say his level 4's have an upgraded soft parts. not that its an xl.. could be wrong though

then its just level 4s with level 5 upgrade, but that still doesnt make it anywhere near what a XL can handle.

and if thats what he meant.. i wouldnt put a 5k to 2 level 4s, even with the level 5 softparts... thats just me.. i would do a 3500 and call it a day, because if you get any real power out of that 5k, bye bye subs

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

level 4 upgraded spiders and coils is what he means...

and I agree..asking this question...I cant take your word for it that you "have electrical taken care of"

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

all in the box and electrical you better have 600 amps on tap to feed it.. i estmate 3k to 3800 is what you should get.. and the lvl4 is not a xl.. it goes 3, 4,xl,5,6,neo and thats the old line the new line is m2 but same order

I have the electrical covered but I appreciate the looking out! and I say Lvl. 4 XL because they are the Level 4's with the XL spider and coil upgrade :good:

no, they are not...

the motor is bigger on the XL, go look at the weight, its like 32 lbs on the level 4 where as teh XL is like 52... cant tell me soft parts = 20 lbs

i think hes trying to say his level 4's have an upgraded soft parts. not that its an xl.. could be wrong though

then its just level 4s with level 5 upgrade, but that still doesnt make it anywhere near what a XL can handle.

and if thats what he meant.. i wouldnt put a 5k to 2 level 4s, even with the level 5 softparts... thats just me.. i would do a 3500 and call it a day, because if you get any real power out of that 5k, bye bye subs

even then.. i think hell fry up the amp first. i doubt he knows what kind of electrical he needs for this..

OP to straighten all this out.. what kind of electrical are you planning on running.

and i wouldnt throw 2k per sub.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

I see fails in the near future

same here...

you have electrical covered for sure?

not being a dick but i feel like by asking that question your not going to know what kind of electrical to have for a 5k...

I don't take it as a dick comment at all man, even though I dont see myself as an audio nub i still am fully aware that i have a lot to learn. I'm going to be running it off of a 300a alt under the hood and 2 12v Kinetik KHC2000's that are rated at 102ah. If you have other suggestions please go right ahead.

I would say that would match up to the 3.5k decently, and the 3.5k isnt really enough to fuck up 2 level 4s, well it is.. but it isnt nowhere near as bad as what could happen with the 5k..

if you are serious about the 5k, i would switch subs and or get 2 more level 4s..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

no, they are not...

even then.. i think hell fry up the amp first. i doubt he knows what kind of electrical he needs for this..

OP to straighten all this out.. what kind of electrical are you planning on running.

I appreciate all input. I posted what electrical i will be running for the amp. and i was going with the 5.0k because ive seen one level 4 handle 3.5k. But i accept all sugestions and critiques!

no, they are not...

I appreciate all input. I posted what electrical i will be running for the amp. and i was going with the 5.0k because ive seen one level 4 handle 3.5k. But i accept all sugestions and critiques!

was it a clamped 3.5k

anyone can run a 3.5k amp on a single level 4.. and yeah youll need probably a couple more batteries to hold your voltage down pat.

also i agree that you should get more motor before you attempt to put that much power out.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

no, they are not...

was it a clamped 3.5k

anyone can run a 3.5k amp on a single level 4.. and yeah youll need probably a couple more batteries to hold your voltage down pat.

also i agree that you should get more motor before you attempt to put that much power out.

I will also have another Kinetik under the hood but it won't be specifically designated for the 5.0k if you think that will help with my volatge. So you think 2 XL's would do well if i wanted to stick with the 5.0k?

im not trying to bash,

but you say youre not a nub, but you just asked if the dc 5k does 5k to each sub....

and remember, just because one man does it, doesnt mean you can...

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

no, they are not...

was it a clamped 3.5k

I will also have another Kinetik under the hood but it won't be specifically designated for the 5.0k if you think that will help with my volatge. So you think 2 XL's would do well if i wanted to stick with the 5.0k?

m2's yes. they are a pretty good match for a 5k.