deck will not power on

so today i conclude that red wire from the car harness gave me power to the deck but when i had both yellow and red from the deck hooked to yellow coming from the car harness it would not power on...if i ran a wire from the battery positive to the deck receiver yellow would that work?

you need a switched power source- get a fuse tap and tap into the ignition fuse and run wire from that to your deck and should be good

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Or grab your multi-meter and start testing wires for ignition source. With my Daughters car 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo the harness that Crutchfield said I need for my car did not even match up. It is one of the amped factory systems.So I just cut the factory wires long enough so I can take it back to stock if needed. I had every wire I needed in the dash opening for the radio except for the ignition wire. After getting my multi-meter out and testing wires I found that there is a wire that goes to the hazzard button that is 12v switched wire and I tied into that.

its not hard at all Find a switched 12volt. a constant 12 volts and ground that MOFO. multi meters are your friend.

I bet you will figure it out if you sit down and think about it for a second. Some times the aftermarket radio harness can be made wrong.That harness may fit other years and types of GM cars but the pin out may be different.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

If you cant figure this out you need to take it to someone.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

if you want RAP (Retained Accesory Power) they are usually n the driver kick and will stay powered up until the door is opened. just like the factory does. and they are usually a 12 gauge wire that it yellow, blue or white. test to make sure first.

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

Archived