Sundown Audio

the sa series subwoofers are extremely under appreciated. lol They are some kick ass woofers and will take much more power in the correct setup.

I have a guy with two sa12 in a blazer doing a 152+ in a music daily box tuned at 37hz. :) with a Sundown saz2500 on them. :)

same setup in his wife's VW Passat wagon is doing a 150.3

not to mention we got a 158.2dB with a single sa15" in the Boswell's DDBEAST. :)

Dayyummnn! Running 2 SA-12's on a saz-2500 is pretty impressive. I wanna keep my SA-12's at the RMS levels because I want the car they're in to be a daily driver at a comfortable, but loud setup. I'm thinking the sax-1200 is perfect for me, and 1500 is a tad too much(unless everyone is saying they can handle this power all day everyday with no problems). Thanks though on that suggestion!

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

-Stinger Expert Roadkill..Trunk only

-(2) Skar VVX-12's D4 coils

-Dual slot ported to the left custom box tuned @ 32hz

-Audioque 1200D amplifier

A tribe called quest... ftw

my skars handle my sk-1500 daily at 1 ohm.

the SA's should have no problem.

proper box, proper tuning, proper music and you're fine. nothing special about going from 1200 to 1500 watts.

im about 98% certain that the SAs can handle 1500W "all day everyday"

longest ive ever full tilted my system was for about 30 minutes on the freeway going out of town, subs didnt even smell. i didnt feel them, but i doubt they were hot.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Yeah, that's what I was saying earlier. My friend had a 3500 @ .5 ohms on 4 sa 10s doing a 150 out of the trunk. They were seeing a lil over a 1000 all day every day with no issues. I have 1 of the lower model e 12s in my Jimmy now. It's rated at 400 rms and I've been beating on it with 1000 for almost 2 months and haven't had any problems.

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

Wow, those are all impressive for a ~200$ sub. I guess I gotta start saving for a 1500 watt sundown or skar amplifier and ditch the sax-1200D idea!

and Sheena how do those skars like 1500 daily.. how are they doin in general?soundwise?!

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

-Stinger Expert Roadkill..Trunk only

-(2) Skar VVX-12's D4 coils

-Dual slot ported to the left custom box tuned @ 32hz

-Audioque 1200D amplifier

A tribe called quest... ftw

well i need to rebuild the box and add more port, but i havent gotten around to doing it.

but right now as it stands:

system isnt dd1 tuned, but tuned by ear with a 35hz -6db tone, and probably is way under the max this amp can push out.

head unit is +5/15 on the subwoofer out position (4v preouts)

head unit is 32/35 on the volume

voltage drop is about 12.8-13.8 depending on the song and how long im full tilting.

in general, they are still VERY stiff and i'm still not xmaxing them.

sound wise is perfect for me, i dont have a sq setup by any means, but these subs transition quite nicely from 55hz to 28hz. (in THIS box)

i only have about 10.9 square inches of port per cube so im kind of choking them if i go even 1hz under the tuning of my box (32hz tuned)

31hz and under i can smell coil after about 10-15 seconds.

i'm 100% confident about my setup as it stands, even with 12.8v drop.

as long as the song is clean, box is right, and amp tuned properly you will be 100% fine with 1500w.

now with like 2200W or more, you'd have to watch the voltage and watch for coil smell or shit can get messed up quickly. playing below tuning is also a bad thing.

you're actually really over thinking this, a 1500W amp on two SA-12s is a joke to these subs

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

well i need to rebuild the box and add more port, but i havent gotten around to doing it.

but right now as it stands:

system isnt dd1 tuned, but tuned by ear with a 35hz -6db tone, and probably is way under the max this amp can push out.

head unit is +5/15 on the subwoofer out position (4v preouts)

head unit is 32/35 on the volume

voltage drop is about 12.8-13.8 depending on the song and how long im full tilting.

in general, they are still VERY stiff and i'm still not xmaxing them.

sound wise is perfect for me, i dont have a sq setup by any means, but these subs transition quite nicely from 55hz to 28hz. (in THIS box)

i only have about 10.9 square inches of port per cube so im kind of choking them if i go even 1hz under the tuning of my box (32hz tuned)

31hz and under i can smell coil after about 10-15 seconds.

i'm 100% confident about my setup as it stands, even with 12.8v drop.

as long as the song is clean, box is right, and amp tuned properly you will be 100% fine with 1500w.

now with like 2200W or more, you'd have to watch the voltage and watch for coil smell or shit can get messed up quickly. playing below tuning is also a bad thing.

you're actually really over thinking this, a 1500W amp on two SA-12s is a joke to these subs

you think youre around 145db?

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

you think youre around 145db?

im not sure what a 145 sounds like, but i think a gunshot is around 145 (not entirely sure, no one has stuck a tl on their ear and shot a gun so i could be wrong)

i really doubt im at a 145, after i went to the range my ears were really hurting (firing 9mm, a 1911, and another .45, and a 30-06, and a shotgun with deer slugs)

if i had to guess probably high 30s maybe a 40 with the driver door open mic on passenger side.

sometimes my ears hurt a little, but only lasts till i get out of my car.

if i had to guess with an ear o meter, probably like 139ish

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop