Second Skin Audio

Please help!!!!

just tried that and it got quieter,...in fact so quiet that stock is louder. Also the freq range did not improve at all....... The sub seems just to have no umph after 45 hz.........maybe a power issue??? I know the re audio xt4000de is not giving up its 1600 rms......its not cea certified and I am sure that the 200 dollar price tag backs that up..... Maybe I need a stronger amp with better dampening? Maybe the stock speakers are providing no mids, however I feel like the sub should be fairly strong from the 40hz to the 180 hz range. also there is no sound deadening in the car which would probably help. The only thing is that rap hits pretty hard but has a very limited bandwith... rock has a limited bandwith and even with a tad bit more gain doesnt even have the lower end power of the rap. I mean the sub doesnt even seem to move after the 50 hz range.....the box specs are perfect according to what RE calls for using the torres. IDK it seems like a 700 dollar sub should not suck this bad. I am open to operator error but dang I feel like all my bases are covered. I am about to do the big three because it needs it anyhow. Just hate to think Im out 700 for th sub and 250 for box build......and another 350 for amp and wiring... Any direction you guys could point me in is reatly appreciated and I do appreciate all the help so far...

2004 VW Beetle turbo'd shiny and able to go boom...DONT ASK ME WHY BUT THE WOMENZ LIKEZ IT.

CURRENT BUILD UNDER WAY

DC AMPS ON PREORDER

STINGER WIRES IN HAND

MECHMAN 270 ON THE WAY

RE XXX 15 IN HAND GETTING REPLACED BY A DC XL M2 SOON

4.1 CUBES @ 33 HZ HITTEN DEM LOWS

XS POWER BATTERIES ON DA WAY

CLARION HU'S LOOKING PURRRDY

FATMAT XTREME AND RATTLE TRAPPED TO THE BALL SACK

THE REST IS A SECRET

ok well I bypassed the head unit and used test tones and the sub plays through the full filter width. Apparantly it is just really peaky from like 30 hz to the uper 40s the sub will play the higher notes just at a way way lower volume. Is this normal to an extent? I know that a good set of mid bass drivers would help fill in a bit,...just seems like to me that the sub should play these louder.... I know the sub is underpowered by around half. Is this the nature of the sub and the ported box or is the amp suspect.... I am not sure what you specifically want pics of but the box was tested and is fine and on spec. So either amp isnt enough or doesnt have good dampening?...The sub is just very limited or not sensitive enough? Or the lack of good midbass drivers/components is causing the fuss?? Maybe something entirely else lol. Although wiring is good, head unit is good, box is good.....anyhow thanks again for the help and let me know what you want pics of and I will get them out here..

2004 VW Beetle turbo'd shiny and able to go boom...DONT ASK ME WHY BUT THE WOMENZ LIKEZ IT.

CURRENT BUILD UNDER WAY

DC AMPS ON PREORDER

STINGER WIRES IN HAND

MECHMAN 270 ON THE WAY

THE REST IS A SECRET

no good componenets in yet...still stock factory speakers and factory upfront mid drivers and tweets on factory amp..They sound decent at best I am sure the mid bass drivers and component set will fill in some of the gap. Just feel like as hard as it hits in the 20-50 hz range that it shouldnt have such a drop in output from 50 - 160ish. IF YOU GUYS CUT OFF ALL YOUR COMPONENTS AND ONLY HAD YOUR SUB OR SUBS RUNNING DOES YOUR SUB HAVE A HIGH PEAK RANGE AND THEN FALL OUT EVEN WITH THE FILTERS OPEN? I am startin to think the sub may be the culprit. I know my amps dampening factor isnt so great and the sub is way underpowered right now. but the sub is still seeing 800-900 watts out of its 2000 rms desired...

CURRENT BUILD UNDER WAY

DC AMPS ON PREORDER

STINGER WIRES IN HAND

MECHMAN 270 ON THE WAY

THE REST IS A SECRET