'12 Chevy Sonic || Nexus 7 w/ 3SIXTY.1 || 1x12" DC LVL4 || DC 1.2K

Build is being suspended right now, I was laid off on Friday.

Good news!

I've found a new job. Well, I found my old job. I was called back, so I have some funds again.

Hopefully I'll be able to progress on this a bit.

I'll be running my power wire and whatnot tomorrow.

As for a headunit, I'll be saving up and swapping that POS Jensen for a Pioneer AVH-P8400BH.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

• 2 months later...

Alright, it's time to get working on some projects.

Me and a co-worker have a love for car audio, and have determined we both want to learn fiberglassing and things of the sort, and would like to eventually open a "shop." (We'll see where that goes...) Anyway, we've decided we will be using our own cars as our "test" subjects." In the next month or 2, we will be mounting a Nexus 7 in my dash (2012 Chevy Sonic), and when that is done, we will be doing an iPad Mini in his car (200X Honda Accord)

Should be a fund couple of months ahead of us. We're still a little lost on how we're going to wire it, what kind of processor and whatnot that we need, but we are definitely researching.

Any help would be appreciated, too!

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Have you done the Trifecta tune yet? I know there was one out for the 3.6L Pontiac G6, but heard that it doesn't net more than like 10HP.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Nah, I haven't yet. The 1.8L doesn't benefit much from just the Trifecta, so I'm gonna wait until I do other performace mods to do that. I will be putting a DDM intake soon, and probably doing some exhaust work before getting the tune.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Alright, as I gather my thoughts for how I do this install, here is where I'm currently at.

I will be eliminating the need for a headunit altogether, and fiberglassing my Nexus 7 into the dash. A Clarion EQS746 will be mounted behind the dash, with an RCA level controller mounted in my dash for volume. The main input on the EQ will be a bluetooth module, connecting to the N7. I don't have room for the EQ to be in the dash, which is why it will be behind it.

I will be creating my own POGO pin charger, to keep the tablet charged. I will also be integrating NFC tags into the dash, that will tell the tablet to automatically turn on BT, Wifi, and music.

In addition to installing the N7 in my dash, I will be creating a pod for my phone to sit in. Again, it will have POGO charging, and an NFC chip to automatically turn on Wifi Tethering.

This should be fun. I will be starting this within the next week or two, hopefully.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

where are you getting your tags from? I got mine from tagsfordroid.com 5 of em plus a keyring one for 11 bucks

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Really like the NFC tag idea! I have a nexus and have been collecting all the stuff to do the install in my car. Have a few questions/comments...what is POGO? I'm assuming you mean the pins on the bottom of the tablet, which pins charge? My only concern would be holding the tablet tight so vibrations dont cause it to not get a stead charge. Also did you see the dock they're releasing, supposed to have charger input and audio out by using those pins and supposed to be around $40.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Yes, POGO are the pins. Holding the tablet upright, the top one is 5V USB, and the bottom is ground. The two center ones do audio.

I was thinking about buying the dock they are releasing, but don't see a reason to buy a $40 dock to rip apart, when I can just make my own POGO pin charger for like $5. I won't need the audio out since I'm doing Bluetooth anyway.

Leo, the tags will probably be the TecTiles from Samsung. A little expensive, but I fully trust the brand. I would rather pay more for ones that I know are good quality rather than some off brand ones.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

No pics, and no progress on the actual build.

However, I did just confirm that I will be able to create my own POGO pin charger. I've ordered the probes I need for it, now I just need to figure out how I'm going to hard wire it all into the car.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Archived