Sonic Electronix

Well about a week ago my cavi blew up so new car new build curious on some input.

I am getting a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer I found

Debaiting either 2 15's or 2 18's cant decide

I already have 1 15 Havoc sitting in my living room as we speak thinking about getting another and running them off of a DC 3.5k any thoughts on this?

if I go 18s I was thinking lvl 4s or XLs

I am also really mixed on what would be good replacements for my door speakers my brother just put 2 sets of Kenwoods in his Tahoe and they sound really good although I have always liked Rockford for mids.

any input/ideas would be great

Sure it'll sound great... Compared to stock. Regardless of what we think, you gotta listen to it everyday, not me, and what I think sounds great might not sound just right to you and vice versa..Go try and listen to some of the gear your considering, if possible and make a decision from there.. If not, at least try to decide what you are looking for from your speakers and read some end user reveiws and make a decision there.. after that though, it really does just boil down to buy it and try it, always achance you might not be happy with the results.. or you may be thrilled with them in your particular set up... only way to know is to do it.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Sure it'll sound great... Compared to stock. Regardless of what we think, you gotta listen to it everyday, not me, and what I think sounds great might not sound just right to you and vice versa..Go try and listen to some of the gear your considering, if possible and make a decision from there.. If not, at least try to decide what you are looking for from your speakers and read some end user reveiws and make a decision there.. after that though, it really does just boil down to buy it and try it, always achance you might not be happy with the results.. or you may be thrilled with them in your particular set up... only way to know is to do it.

Very true I suppose... now this one is a little less personal bias... any thoughts on a amp for the door speakers? It will have to run all 4 of the doors

Well the general consensus around here seems to be you cn't go wrong with rockford gear, and a shop local to me pushes them big time, I've heard a few different comp sets And I agree, they sound nice... I'm using an Oxygen Audio 3 way set and I'm diggin them so far, but I think Im going to look for a stronger tweeter and switch to active... Because It isn't quite what I was looking for, but I had to buy 'em and try 'em to know for certain.

What do you want for the trailblazer? Coax's, comp sets? stock size, or you willing to cut shit up and or/ do glass? You kind of gotta decide on that, then go from there... Budget is obviously also a factor, no point in someone telling you to get some polyglass or morels or something like that if you only want to spend small monies...

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO