Sundown Audio

What is a good amp to buy now

venturac

I currently have 2 12" Kicker CVX 4 ohm subs. I currently have them hooked up to an old school PPI PC21400. I have the subs wired to 4 ohms because the amp bridged is 1400 X 1 @ 4 ohms. I seems like the subs can take way more power and this amp runs very hot. I'd like every ones opinion on who makes a good amp anymore. I'm just getting back into car audio. I know PPI was good back in the late 90's but no I don't know.

I'd prefer to get an amp this is 1 ohm stable so I can wire my subs only to 4 ohm and and 1 ohm. I was reading good reviews on the Hifonics Brutus series but would appreciate any feedback. I can spend around $400-$500. Thanks.

the model kickers are the newest. model 10CVX124. The PPI PC21400 runs very hot for some reason. I have the gain at 3/4 of the way with head unit at 30/40 but I am only using 4 gauge wire. I think I should be using 1/0. Could this cause the amp to run hot and drop power??

I guess its a class AB amp, the half of the power you put in goes up in heat.

manual says its "more efficient than most amps which are 50% efficient". doesnt state class d or ab

but yeah, its still probably cause theres all that wasted heat.