Remote turn-on wire

16 gauge screwed into the 4 gauge to the amp then to a toggle switch then back to the remote on the amp (4 gauge power and ground, 16 gauge from the toggle switch if confused, i worded it poorly)

same thing with my stinger volt meter, remote from the meter screwed into the remote to the amp, negative on the negative to the amp, positive on the positive to the amp.

So you have to manually switch your amps on and off every time you get in and out of the car?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

yes, its at my fingertips though, not like its that hard to reach over and flip a switch lol.

takes an extra 2 seconds at most.. which my deck has a soft on RCA signal anyways, so it takes about 5 seconds before my amp gets signal from the HU.

really not losing any time.

plus its nice to be able to turn the bass off if you have your grandma/parents/girl friend.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

16 gauge screwed into the 4 gauge to the amp then to a toggle switch then back to the remote on the amp (4 gauge power and ground, 16 gauge from the toggle switch if confused, i worded it poorly)

same thing with my stinger volt meter, remote from the meter screwed into the remote to the amp, negative on the negative to the amp, positive on the positive to the amp.

So you have to manually switch your amps on and off every time you get in and out of the car?

That's what it sounds like and I would hate to know what would happen if you're rushing and forget to hit the switch.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

That's what it sounds like and I would hate to know what would happen if you're rushing and forget to hit the switch.

Exactly.

I guess to each their own right?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

This is why remote gain knobs are useful. Turn it all the way down, still have a little bass but not fully on. Better than ghetto-rigging some switch in

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

yes, its at my fingertips though, not like its that hard to reach over and flip a switch lol.

takes an extra 2 seconds at most.. which my deck has a soft on RCA signal anyways, so it takes about 5 seconds before my amp gets signal from the HU.

really not losing any time.

plus its nice to be able to turn the bass off if you have your grandma/parents/girl friend.

But most decks have a subwoofer off option or if you're running an eq just turn it all the way down. A toggle switch just sounds pointless and more of a pain in the ass then anything else but if honestly works for you and more convenient then go for it :good:.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

nothing, i left it on all night one time just to see what would happen, amp has no signal, so its not outputting very much juice to even matter.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

nothing, i left it on all night one time just to see what would happen, amp has no signal, so its not outputting very much juice to even matter.

One of these days a dead battery might change your mind. Never mind the fact that leaving an amp on at idle shortens the life of them.

I don't think thats good for the amp to be continuously receiving power nor is it good for your batts. Unless everything I thought I knew about power and electricity is completely wrong?

*EDIT* Nevermind King Ninja'd me I figured you will burn the amp leaving it powered like that.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

This is why remote gain knobs are useful. Turn it all the way down, still have a little bass but not fully on. Better than ghetto-rigging some switch in

ghetto rigged? so because i dont use the remote out my setup is trash, yeah okay.

the remote out on the back of the head unit is a 12 volt and like no amps.. i dont see whats so different than my deck turning it on and me turning it on.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Archived