Remote turn-on wire

You can just use a jump wire from amp #1 remote + to amp #2 remote +

After ~3 amps a relay should be used and be tripped using the headunits remote turn on so all amps/accesories connected still automatically turn on and off with the deck

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Whats even more dumb than all of this is companies putting rca pass throughs but no remote turn on outputs so you don't have to worry about relays and crap like that.

Because jumping the remote wire off the amp in is too much trouble?

We are talking about having 47 million amplifiers thus requiring a relay to turn them all on since the head unit cant provide enough current on it's own. Pay attention.

I see this thread got off topic here but let me just say this and I am done. When I first started working in my field someone told me on my first day "Before you start remember this...don't try and reinvent the wheel", plain and simple!

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Whats even more dumb than all of this is companies putting rca pass throughs but no remote turn on outputs so you don't have to worry about relays and crap like that.

We are talking about having 47 million amplifiers thus requiring a relay to turn them all on since the head unit cant provide enough current on it's own. Pay attention.

You know someone with 47 million amps? Damn that's a shit ton of power. :rofl:

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

you still use the headunits remote turn on to turn the relays on that turn the amps on

unless you want to flip a switch and feel special, i for one enjoy automatic simplicity

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Look,

Your reasoning is nothing more then you wanting to justify you are right. Sadly that's not the case. Info like what you have presented doesn't nothing to help others in their installs. It's would be more helpful if you didn't post info that either you don't fully understand or isn't inline with what is an industry acceptable solution.

My mother in law, who is well into her 70's has no issue finding both the off button and the volume on her very expensive Alpine flip out deck. She even can find the sirius, for her Elvis channel, as well as the video for her back up camera on her diesel truck. Nor has she ever had an issue enjoying the system in my truck with 16 -12's So, I would suggest a little education time with your ( in your words) inept mom so she can effectively drive her car around without you in it.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Look,

Your reasoning is nothing more then you wanting to justify you are right. Sadly that's not the case. Info like what you have presented doesn't nothing to help others in their installs. It's would be more helpful if you didn't post info that either you don't fully understand or isn't inline with what is an industry acceptable solution.

My mother in law, who is well into her 70's has no issue finding both the off button and the volume on her very expensive Alpine flip out deck. She even can find the sirius, for her Elvis channel, as well as the video for her back up camera on her diesel truck. Nor has she ever had an issue enjoying the system in my truck with 16 -12's So, I would suggest a little education time with your ( in your words) inept mom so she can effectively drive her car around without you in it.

:rofl::roflmao:

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

i dont feel special, but thanks for trumping my personality up for me.

i just asked if people still used it, someone asked what i used, then i got RAPED for my answer, the only thing i can gather so far is its bad cause theres a switch and isnt accepted by anyone. (but neither was the DD1)

im in no hurry to drive anywhere on the road, i can take the extra 2 seconds and turn my amp on.

also, bill/kingsuv, our mothers arent the same, thats amazingly cool that your mother in law can do that, i honestly wish my mom could, but she cant. her turning on a computer is a feat in itself.

also she doesnt drive me around >.>

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

you still use the headunits remote turn on to turn the relays on that turn the amps on

unless you want to flip a switch and feel special, i for one enjoy automatic simplicity

Maybe i should have been more clear, i agree with using the head unit remote wire, i think the switch idea was dumb. But on that note i will not post here any more since this thread has kind of derailed. Runs from ban stick.

http://7a1744b.jpg

this is what I did....

one lug is for "12 volts" goes to rear battery

one lug is for radio remote

strip is for all amp turn on's (i dont have that many amps but its what i had)

nice thing is I can use this to turn on what ever I need to with the HU ... fans,volt meters, led's ect if I need or want to

Where did you get this harness at?

so I am just going answer the question I was asked :popcorn:

singles

http://www.ebay.com/...=item41634dbf28

5 pack

http://www.ebay.com/...=item41634dd4a1

Archived