Will this setup work?

If things go right tomorrow I should be getting a p400-4... and this is what I wanted to run off of it

Chan1: 2 8ohm selenium st200 super tweets

Chan2: 2 4 ohm Kicker DS350 3.5 (that are currently in my dash)

Chan3: 2 BA 6X9s

Chan4: 2 BA 6X9s

Any problems with this? The only things I was wondering is if those 2 st200s running at 4 ohm wouldn't be pushed hard enough on that one channel? And would those 3.5 speakers be too overpowered on one channel at 2 ohms? If these are problems how should I configure things? I was thinking that adding 2 more st200s to channel 2 would be better?

I think:

Use channel 1 and 2 for the supertweeters, and get 4 crescendo/AQ/sundown/silenium PA 6.5s. Ditch the 3.5s and maybe mount your supertweets there.

Edited by BobbyG2

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

I think:

Use channel 1 and 2 for the supertweeters, and get 4 crescendo/AQ/sundown/silenium PA 6.5s. Ditch the 3.5s and maybe mount your supertweets there.

If I run both super tweets on their own channel at 8 ohm wont they not get that loud? And are you saying get 4 6.5s and replace the 6X9s?

Also, I see you are running a mono setup here, if i think/read correctly?

How do you figure?

Edited by BEEMDUB

Super tweeters are very sensitive, they don't take much power to get loud. They will be getting the same amount of power each on separate channels, but you'll get stereo imaging out of them, instead of mono being on one channel. And yes, the 6.5's replace the 6x9's. You could do 8", or 10" if you wanted, you'll have to do some modifications to your doors though.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Super tweeters are very sensitive, they don't take much power to get loud. They will be getting the same amount of power each on separate channels, but you'll get stereo imaging out of them, instead of mono being on one channel. And yes, the 6.5's replace the 6x9's. You could do 8", or 10" if you wanted, you'll have to do some modifications to your doors though.

Alright so like this..

Chan1: 1 selenium st200

Chan2: 1 selenium st200

Chan3: 2 selenium 6.5s

Chan4: 2 BA 6x9s

I would only be able to afford two of the 6.5s at the moment so I was thinkin I could just run the two 6x9s in the rear deck until I could afford two more 6.5s..also whats better stereo or mono?

I said Mono because 4 channels, Is used as FL, FR, RR, and RL ( In a common setup ). You seem to have in your first post, Tweets on the FL ( 1 ). The Kicker 3.5s on FR ( 2 ). and the 6x9s on RR ( 3 ) and RL ( 4 ). Meaning, the tweets as mono on one channel, the 3.5's mono on the second channel. and the 6x9s in stereo on channel 3 and 4. Unless you would be running two 400.4s. Im pretty sure im right on this, if someone else could chime in. Don't want to feel like a total idiot.

Edited by Katt

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

your 2 super tweeters will still scream wired to 4 ohm, super tweeters are made to over power bass so they are stupid efficient most times.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

your 2 super tweeters will still scream wired to 4 ohm, super tweeters are made to over power bass so they are stupid efficient most times.

Alright so I'm gonna run

Chan1: 2 st200s

Chan2: 2 kicker 3.5s?

Chan3: 2 BA 6x9s

Chan4: 2 BA 6x9s

It seems like alotta people keep tellin me to drop the 3.5s tho why is that?

Edited by BEEMDUB