Sonic Electronix

I am looking at putting 6 15"s in a Buick Regal. They should fit considering that sundown guy with 8 15"s in a 300c. Im just wondering what enclosure would work better. And with that being said its also because of the new specs of the DC LVL 3's it says 3 cubes per sub but since im gonna be running the six on a stetsom 7k i should go with less cubes per sub since there gonna be seeing like 13-1400 rms each right? And im not looking to be the loudest guy i just want it to be a very fun vehicle so i dont know if i should try to wall it with a nice port, or a 4th or a 6th order? Or hell maybe even a standart box with subs up, port back? Any help would be apprecciated! No negatives either please....

Yeah i was thinking like a clamshell enclosure like galamonkey's when he had the 4 18" BTL's, its just im not one that understands the whole enclosure thing that much....

You probably don't want to tackle a wall if you don't understand how it works. You might try to keep it simpler than that

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

thats why i was thinking subs up port back, i mean with 6 15's and 7-8k rms i should still be able to hairtrick with a simple box.. but does anyone know if your throwing more RMS then what the rating of the subs ask for if you should drop the cubes per sub or keep em at rated or raise em?

thats why i was thinking subs up port back, i mean with 6 15's and 7-8k rms i should still be able to hairtrick with a simple box.. but does anyone know if your throwing more RMS then what the rating of the subs ask for if you should drop the cubes per sub or keep em at rated or raise em?

I believe you make it smaller, but I imagine if you take too much airspace out it will change te sound a fair bit

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

theres no way in hell you'll fit 6 15's with no wall, sub up port back, or any configuration. with that amount of woofers you HAVE to wall it. even 4 15's you'll more than likely have to wall it. i never worked on a regal before, but its a sedan for god sakes. you might be trying to bite off way more than you can chew.

edit: especially if you dont really know about enclosures. thats just asking for trouble if you try to do that

Edited by Kranny

Is this your first system? Or your first big system?

Subs aside: have you even planned out your electrical do do this? And how's your fiberglass skill? You are going to want lots of mids and highs to back up that much substage unless you like hearing bass only. How about sound deadening and reinforcing the car so it doesn't destroy itself?

What you want to do isn't something you can just jump into and hope it works out. There are a bunch of factors that need to be considered that can just be ignored on smaller builds.

Six fifteens could fit subs up port back but whatever haha, and its my first big system yes. And i understand common knowledge of enclosures just never did anything big enough to have to compensate for box rise, and such. And yes im getting some alphadamp and working right now on getting the whole car stripped down...and im not gonna need a lot of mids and highs since it wont be on full tilt very often. As far as fiberglass skills i have none which is kind of not needed anyways nothing is gonna be fiberglassed its not gonna be a show car hell ill probably never compete just something i likei suppose. And as far as making the car more structurally sound, just a stripper pole and maybe some steel bracing underneath the box....electrical im just gonna have 3-6 d3100 which should do the trick untill i get enough money for a mechman....and i know my electrical should be my main focus but with those batts i will be fine...theres that guy on youtube with the 8 sa-8s on a the same stetsom with a few extra batts stock alt in a GEO and he gets down no problem.