theChief Posted April 8, 2012 Report Posted April 8, 2012 UPDATE 4/11/13 Sorry ive been rather inactive on the forum for quite a while and i hadnt had the time or been home in a while to clamp it. SO IF YOUR HERE TO SEE THE RESULTS DONT BOTHER READING ANY FURTHER. So far theres a few gut shots and a quick video on page 6 from last august. I plan on actually clamping when im home this summer. So here it is. I will be testing its output in about 3 week from now. I have everything necessary to clamp it after tuning with an Oscope.I've seen lots of speculation around the web on this amp but nothing concrete. That's one reason i got it. After testing, we will see if Audiopipe has a top notch product. This is not an Audiopipe bashing thread. If the amp does not perform that will speak for itself. We shall see what it does...
theChief Posted April 8, 2012 Author Report Posted April 8, 2012 The dimensions are approximately 26.75 x 9 x 2 inches. It weighed in at 25 lbs (that scale is often off, I will use another scale when I have the opportunity).
theChief Posted April 8, 2012 Author Report Posted April 8, 2012 Here is the internals of the VFL 500.1 The layout is very similar.
theChief Posted April 8, 2012 Author Report Posted April 8, 2012 looks korean as expected. Well it IS Korean. No doubt about that. The little "made in korea" text near the serial is the same font as on the american bass boxes.
siccostyle Posted April 8, 2012 Report Posted April 8, 2012 Looks a lot like the rest of the Korean 5k amps out there. It would not surprise me if it put out good numbers. What is the price point on one of these? 01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION
Guest Posted April 8, 2012 Report Posted April 8, 2012 Looks a lot like the rest of the Korean 5k amps out there. It would not surprise me if it put out good numbers. What is the price point on one of these? exactly what im saying, cause it is the same pcb board, just maybe slightly different components.
theChief Posted April 8, 2012 Author Report Posted April 8, 2012 VMI has it for about $890 shipped (the ones on ebay are from vmi). I got this one from a local shop. He is a friend of mine and has prices competitive to that of vmi.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.