Audiopipe APK 5500 guts

theChief

26 lol. I have to be 32 for my mids and highs or bust.

So +7 works for me

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Larry thats the misconception im talking about. If you want to use the full preout voltage your sub voltage needs to be turned up. Ive never seen a head unit that gives full output voltage at 0. Ask Ray. He will tell you the same thing. Im very skeptical on any results being given now after a few of these posts.

When I tested the output voltage of my Eclipse CD7200MkII...at full tilt (that's 80) I get just under the rated 8v preout voltage. That's with the bass setting on 0. It goes from -6 to +6. Never tested it with it turned to +6.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I'll jump in and say that ALL Kenwood Excelon decks do not reach their maximum RCA output voltage until you set the subwoofer level up to +15. I am on my 5th Excelon deck (KDC-X395, X595, X795, X895, X995), our shop is a certified Kenwood Excelon dealer, and............drumroll............... That's what Kenwood told us.

I am tuned in for results though.

Wait a minute, should I retune my system with +15 for my bass since I have a kenwood KDC-X895? I've always thought tuning your system at flat settings was always the best way to do it.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Can I get an explanation to why getting the 4v output is more benefitial vs 2.5v output on the headunit? Thanks in advanced.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Can I get an explanation to why getting the 4v output is more benefitial vs 2.5v output on the headunit? Thanks in advanced.

Amp doesn't have to work as hard to amplify the same signal as 2.5v. Easiest way to explain it...

POTATO!

I know that but can I get the mathematical answer please.

he really did explain it the best he could, but i'll give it another shot

having the amp receive 2.5v, you have gains set in a way that makes it output 80v. thats a 32x increase. and a 32x increase in possible noise

4v, having gains set to output 80v, thats a 20x increase. less chance of noise being added and less gain.

thats how i see it, someone correct me if im wrong

Archived