WTF would my work let me browse myspace and youtub and everything else under the sun.....then suddenly after accessing it earlier in the day..BLCOK MY GD PAYPAL

just annoyed and now ifeel better that i let it out.

yup, I have some sites that I cannot see myspace, youtube.........

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

having sites blocked by your employer FTL!!!

knocking on wood....... im so glad they don't do that shit here

banner2.jpghttp://www.DCSOUNDLAB.com/01 Chevy Silverado X-CabPioneer 4900 in Dash3 Stinger 2150'sIraggi 260 amp Alt.1/0 Stinger Wiring(2) DC lvl 5 18's(2) Hifonics Cyclops10 cu box tuned to 27hz

I'm actually one of those guys that you guys are talking about...lol

Sorry guys, but from an employers standpoint, I am all about blocking websites. Let's face it, people get distracted way to easy and spend far to much time doing personal stuff on the internet than staying on task. For my company, it is vital that we have available bandwidth for business critical needs and I get tired of seeing our internet pipe saturated from people streaming youtube videos and internet radio stations all day.

Yeah I know..some of you guys will say get more bandwidth...but let me put it this way. My departments monthly internet expense is more than most IT departments annual budgets. We have over 60 locations, all with either DS3, OC3 or 100meg pipes, so we ain't talking about small time traffic and yet, I have seen people saturate a DS3 by surfing youtube vids. So I am all about blocking sites that are non business related.

B)-->

QUOTE(Eric B @ Dec 18 2007, 02:56 PM) 213707[/snapback]
not sure what it is, but isnt there like a proxy that you can use to bypass ur locked sites, used to do it at school all the time...

This is dependant on how your internet connection is terminated. If you have a good IT department and you are going through a decent firewall/router..you are not getting around it. I block sites at the firewall level and no matter how smart you are..you ain't getting around it, as that is the only path to the internet.

kev

Edited by str86diesel

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

see i can see blocking sites but why allow me to be on youtube and mysapce but block paypal, we dont even have blockages on our systems at sony they just let us do whatever. come to find out the admin was fucking with me since he seen it was my name accessing paypal.