Second Skin Audio

Does a port need to be small enough to have compression?

If you want to see what the effect of a smaller port is then jam a peice of MDF in the port to make it narrower.

You would also have to make it shorter, or you are seeing the effect of lower tuning.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

So what could be the reason for there being almost absolutely no bass except for one song??

A car peak around 45 hz mixed with bass boost with the type of person who has to asks the types of questions at the start of this thread tuning the amp.

btw i have yet to find a single copy of that song that's been clean so... you most likely are getting the illusion of louder from distortion.

Asking a question doesn't make me a moron. I tuned the amp with the DD-1, set LPF to about 4 hz below tuning freq, and subsonic to about 60 hz above tuning freq. btw, I don't know where your looking but I had no problem finding a clean copy of that song...

1) LPF should be around 80hz (i use my headunit and leave the amps all the way up...250hz)

2) SSF should be a little below tuning (i dont even use it, i just leave it off because i know what im playing)

3) that song peaks at 40hz and sounds odd because of the harmonics... clean versions can be found because i just found 2, but i hate the way it sounds and its a dumb ass song.... dance dance dance dance dance STFU!!!!

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

tumblr_m25ohjGx1K1r9wpm5o2_500.jpg

i have nothing else to say

team chat assholes ftmfcsw

skittlesRgood[/color]' timestamp='1337803095' post='2027302']

go for it. 1st off, you couldnt get past the gate. second, i wouldnt even hear your system inside my house. third, i would just turn mine up and drown out your system, eat my skittles, and laugh at your pathetic ass.

Ditch that sub and do 2 sa 12s...

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

tumblr_m25ohjGx1K1r9wpm5o2_500.jpg

i have nothing else to say

That was helpful, thanks

momma said if i cant say anything nice dont say anything at all

go for it. 1st off, you couldnt get past the gate. second, i wouldnt even hear your system inside my house. third, i would just turn mine up and drown out your system, eat my skittles, and laugh at your pathetic ass.

but daddy says to be an a hole?

leads by example

Archived