Second Skin Audio

Does a port need to be small enough to have compression?

I was talking to a buddy of mine locally who makes a lot of boxes and can put up some good numbers with his setup. I had showed him the box I made for my RE XXX 15" because I felt like it was only hitting on one song which is Big Sean - Dance, and he told me the port was wayyyy to big and that i'm not getting compression.

The port width is H 14.5" x W 4.0" x L 26".

My port area per foot in torres is 15.94in.

The port area range is 44-58in and im at 58in port area.

Tuning Freq is 35.39

Net volume 3.64 (Thats all my Malibu's trunk will allow lol. It may look like you can fit more but the trunk is shaped goofy as hell)

IMG_0838.jpg

No you can't your cars peak is its peak. You can change your enclosure peak but the only way to change your cars peak is to start filling space.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

No you can't your cars peak is its peak. You can change your enclosure peak but the only way to change your cars peak is to start filling space.

I should have worded it better. It won't fix the problem but tuning down to 30-32 hz will help level out your frequency range.

So what could be the reason for there being almost absolutely no bass except for one song??

A car peak around 45 hz mixed with bass boost with the type of person who has to asks the types of questions at the start of this thread tuning the amp.

btw i have yet to find a single copy of that song that's been clean so... you most likely are getting the illusion of louder from distortion.

Archived