alright fellas i would like some assistance here. im searching for lowering springs for the mitsubishi. im kinda in between here. the car sits kinda low as it is now, but at the same time i dont care for the wheel well gap. it isnt a whole lot of gap due to the 18's on it, but i think if i could lower it to get rid of the wheel well gap, but keep the ride quality that would be ideal. i dont know if i could do that, and thats why i need your help with suggestions. should i just replace the springs, or do a full strut? im not sure. here is a picture of how it sits now.

378520_2521895445387_1193340797_32314602_467248316_n.jpgand yes i am aware of the tire size difference in this pic. i have tires on order for it. they are just a hair shorter on the sidewall than the rear tires. any suggestions? id like to keep the budget as low as possible, but at the same time im not afraid to drop some cash to get a quality ride. thanks in advance fellas

car is a 1996 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs

Edited by crispy_chick3n

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

The lower you go the worse the ride quality gets. If you have the money I'd replace the struts while you're replacing the springs but it's not necessary, I'm on stock struts with Eibach springs. Ideally coilovers would be the best option but then you're looking at spending a lit more. I don't know what's out there for an eclipse but I'd look into something with a 1.5-2" drop at most.

most drop ive found at a reasonable price is $500 for 1.5" drop springs, my thought is i have to take the whole strut out to replace the spring, i might as well replace the shock absorber as well, but the kits ive found with shock absorbers are like $3-4k, which seems like a little much to me

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

After quite a few vehicles with lowered suspension, I will say coilovers are the best answer. I have done a few cars with lowering springs on stock struts including a 92 eclipse. I have not been happy with any of them. The problem with stock struts is that they are designed with a certain set of moving parameters when manufacturing and with lowered springs, it puts the movement lower on the strut than it was designed for resulting in a harsh ride and it is hard on struts themselves. Also, 3-4k is quite a bit for even coilovers for your vehicle. If I may, I will suggest a set of Tein Flex Coilovers. I have used them and currently have them on my 240sx and love them. You will possibly firm up the suspension over your factory struts but they are adjustable on both ride height AND damping force on both bound and rebound. You can set them on full soft and be very comfortable while losing wheel gap and maintaining a smooth ride. And they are around 1500.00 not 3-4k. There are even less priced coilovers out there and some may be comparable but with my experience in DSM's, Tein seem superior in many aspects.

http://www.andysauto...in00039990.html

Edited by weshole

yeah if you want quality ride you have to get coil overs. lowering springs, especially for your car shouldnt be more than a few hundred although i never looked into them

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg