So you're saying him running 1500 watts with stock battery, with a 130 amps alt.. All he needs is another battery? or upgrade stock battery too?

ok

i am gonna answer like i did to my upgrades....BIG 3, upgraded the stock battery.....and a 100Amp alternator(StoCK alternator)

i am currently running the DD M2 with minimal voltage drop....at full power my voltage drops at max to 14.0V

simple as that

Edited by gally

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

i was holding my peddle a while, And i was paying loud and my subs seemed to hit harder so im guessing my alt is all right.Okay im going to get a XS batt. I just want to get my volt drop out of the 11 area. I dont really play my system with out running my car.

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

So should i get a h/o first I cant get both as of now. What would be more important to get less of a voltage drop. I drop down to around 11.5 when i turn it up.

an alt would be the better item to get.

Hey Damn i was hoping i didnt have to Okay i seen this alt by Powerbastard 220amp But i feel its to low of a price compared to DC 180 alt. Im wondering if it would last.

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

Hmmm, so one extra battery in the back with ~40 amp hours is perfect?(660 cranking amps) ~1300 watts? (for a 1500 watt system)

Edited by Kiean123

wooohoo!

-Acura RL 2005. Blue.

-Stinger Expert Roadkill..Trunk only

-(2) Skar VVX-12's D4 coils

-Dual slot ported to the left custom box tuned @ 32hz

-Audioque 1200D amplifier

A tribe called quest... ftw

i was holding my peddle a while, And i was paying loud and my subs seemed to hit harder so im guessing my alt is all right.Okay im going to get a XS batt. I just want to get my volt drop out of the 11 area. I dont really play my system with out running my car.

just do the BIG 3 upgrade and replace the stock battery with the biggest XS you can get....and you will be just fine....

ad far for the alternators.....save the money and buy a good one....powerbastards alternators are good but not THAT good....it will die eventually....like it did to me..

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

When you get a alt, go with DC, Mechman or singer. Sometimes, its best to buy for the customer service and warrenty then it is to save a couple of bucks and some potential headaches. I personally have only used DC and so far so good. Previously, I ran a Rockford 5 channel that put out around 1400 total rms and only had the stock 130amp alt and a XS3400 and voltage was good, never saw below like 13.5v from what i remember.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

photo6.jpg And i for got when I swaped my engine out. I also for got to do the Big 3 again. But that my batt. My connection is not really on that good.

So should i get a h/o first I cant get both as of now. What would be more important to get less of a voltage drop. I drop down to around 11.5 when i turn it up.

an alt would be the better item to get.

Hey Damn i was hoping i didnt have to Okay i seen this alt by Powerbastard 220amp But i feel its to low of a price compared to DC 180 alt. Im wondering if it would last.

garbage. go with DC power, mechman, or singer. i personally put them in that order.

if you were to get a 220 amp alt, i would bet you wont see any voltage drop at speed. just a little at idle, probably a 1v drop at worst.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

And i for got when I swaped my engine out. I also for got to do the Big 3 again. But that my batt. My connection is not really on that good.

whats holding that ring terminal on the 0awg? i dont see any kind of bolt there.

on the battery.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

And i for got when I swaped my engine out. I also for got to do the Big 3 again. But that my batt. My connection is not really on that good.

whats holding that ring terminal on the 0awg? i dont see any kind of bolt there.

on the battery.

i noticed that too. it seems to be just wedged in there

edit: you can see the lug hole peeking out too

Edited by Kranny