Sonic Electronix

Hey fellas.

So i am currently planning my next system build and i figured i would ask you guys a question about the box i want to build. Heres some info leading up to the question.

Ok so the back seats of my mustang have been pulled out (because i am currently running a cab fire setup) and i got the great idea to build a box where the back seats were. The best way to visualize what the box would be like, look at Steve Meade's box and picture that in the back seat of my mustang. I have plenty of room for 6 12's but im gonna be running 4 12's instead (cone facing the roof). I wanted a loud build but also be able to see out my rear view mirror.

Now the question i have is, where should i put my port? Facing the front of the vehicle or facing up towards the roof? I wasnt too sure if this made even the slightest difference but i know that with audio, the slightest can be the biggest too. Just wanted to get your guys's opinion.

Also, here is what ill be running if it matters.

4 SoundQubed (AudioQue) HDC4 12's

4 AQ3500.1's @ .5 ohms each (in the trunk with radiator fans cooling them xD)

Box will be about 13 cubic feet with all displacement tuned to 30hz or so.

5 XS Power D3100's

2+ Mechman Alternators, think the highest they have for my car is 270 amps.

need more electrical than that for the probably 20k you will be running (probably only be able to have 1 alt is why). those AQs do about 4k at 1 ohm, all 4 at .5.... wow.

and 3 cubes per 12? and overpowering them?

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Batteries and amps will be in the trunk and yes i do have room for 6 12's. The box isnt going in the trunk, its going in the cab. Think of a wall cut in half with the subs facing the roof. As for the alt, man there is plenty of room under the hood. So much you can stand in it! Lol. Its only a V6 and with this model mustang, they used the same body for the V8's and the V6's so when they put the V6 motor in, there is lots of empty space. I will have to fabricate my own alternator bracket though because no one sells one for my car =).

Even in the back seat area, where would the port be? I think you're trying to do too much. Just wall the bitch with the four 12's.

Thats what im asking lol. I would like to wall it but as i stated before, i really want to be able to see out my rear view mirror.

need more electrical than that for the probably 20k you will be running (probably only be able to have 1 alt is why). those AQs do about 4k at 1 ohm, all 4 at .5.... wow.

and 3 cubes per 12? and overpowering them?

Whats so wrong with 3 cubes? Thought that was an acceptable area for them lol. Like i said, that 13 was a very rough estimate.

Even in the back seat area, where would the port be? I think you're trying to do too much. Just wall the bitch with the four 12's.

Thats what im asking lol. I would like to wall it but as i stated before, i really want to be able to see out my rear view mirror.

Why?

I say do 2 12's in the trunk and use the back seat area to mount a pair of amps.

Anyway, good luck, you seem to have it handled. I'll be looking out for the build log.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Why?

I say do 2 12's in the trunk and use the back seat area to mount a pair of amps.

Anyway, good luck, you seem to have it handled. I'll be looking out for the build log.

Well thats what i have now lol. I got 2 RE SXX 12's on the edge of the trunk facing the front (sealed with darn duct tape lol) on a crappy Power Acoustik 4000.1 mounted on a board i made that lays where the seats used to go. It looks good, just not loud enough for me. Also, i want to start competing next year so this would be the build to compete.

The only thing i havent figured out was where to put the port. I can put it facing the front or facing the roof. Thats what i am asking your guys's help on.

And yeah ill make a build log of it when i start in about 2 months.

if you want to wall it wall it. firing into the roof is a bad idea.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.