Second Skin Audio

Turned my box around and forward fired! couple questions tho

So a little while ago today I turned my sa-12s around and forward faced them into the cabin..I stuffed pillows in the spaces on the sides of the box (which werent big at all) so it wasn't completely air tight but probably pretty damn close...Anyways I was VERY pleased with how it sounded when I was sittin in the car it was noticeably louder and I know it was because I could actually feel the air moving through the cabin and noticed more things inside were shaking and my front windshield was flexin on low notes. Now heres where my questions...excuse me if I sound like a complete douchebag but I have to ask it lol...On the outside of the car the trunk rattle was cut immensely which is obviously a good thing... but other than that the car sounded quieter from outside than before? Now I was in the garage, with front windows a little over half way closed, if the car was outside the garage and I had the windows down more would it be louder on the outside? Also what way should I go about sealing it from the trunk? I don't really like the sound of great stuff :/

Edited by BEEMDUB

use cardboard to make templates of the gaps you need to fill..thats the easiest way

trunk rattle being way less is just a great bonus of sealing off forward...I understand what your saying about it doesnt seem as loud outside the car...I am not sure why but the same thing is going on with my 18 in my Jeep...its loud inside the car and not as loud as you would think or expect outside...which to me is a plus..as I can bang on it all I want and not worry too much about cops hearing me coming

Edited by stroupe79

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Why does it matter how loud it is outside?

Use cardboard to trace the shape of the gaps, then copy it over to mdf. Use foam or gorilla tape on the smaller openings.

Idk it just seems weird how it seems louder inside and quieter outside...guess thats a good thing tho..and how should I secure the MDF?

if it aint completely sealed off, most likely youll play lower and louder facing the rear.

And yea I know that but even with just the pillows crammed in the two open spaces it was moving a lot of air through the cabin and if anything I noticed the lows were just as if not more deep then they were before..

Edited by BEEMDUB

dude I have pulled a pretty high number out the trunk with a 148.8 sealed forward...if I ever had a trunk I would do nothing but forward sealed off boxes...its makes it louder because your putting the same sound into a space thats basically 20-25% smaller...that should make it quite noticeably louder

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

Kicker KX350.4

DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

stroupe79.jpg

deeper lows ? you are a rare exception, good stuff bro ! would like to see some pics if possible ?

Yea I know haha or either my brain is trickin itself into what it wants too lmao....but I deff don't think they suffered any than when they were rear firing but yea lemme get a pic real quick

dude I have pulled a pretty high number out the trunk with a 148.8 sealed forward...if I ever had a trunk I would do nothing but forward sealed off boxes...its makes it louder because your putting the same sound into a space thats basically 20-25% smaller...that should make it quite noticeably louder

makes sense...what setup did you put up that 148.8 with ?

believe it of not...2 kicker comp 15s on a PPI PC2350 at 1ohm...in 5cubes sealed...sealed forward in a 94 cavalier 2door...that number was with the rear seats up too..I honestly think I could have hit a 150 if the seats folded down and I had figured out my resonant frequency...the 148.8 was on music too...dbDrag sealed on the dash

here is the amp i was running..well same kind..not the actual amp..

http://www.soundbuggy.com/Eric/ebay/ppi_pc2350/index.html

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

Kicker KX350.4

DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

stroupe79.jpg