Sonic Electronix

Your question isn't half way intelligent. And you're being the dick, not SnowDrifter or TeamHT

Seriously, You should either wire to 2 ohms or drop 2 subs. Also drop the attitude.

Edited by srp365

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Just wire to two ohms and be done with it. And I would quit it with the attitude because people that act the way you do don't last long on this forum.

Funny, I've lasted this long :shrug: Didn't do anything outrageous, just sick of people being dickheads over one question...

Well to me at least, it did not seem like teamht was being a dick, it looked like he was just giving advice and you called him out for it.

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

I didn't even know I was being a dickhead. Because I gave a logical answer? Bah, you should stop being so defensive and sensitive. I hardly think you're going to compete, so why would it matter? You're not going to notice a huge jump in performance from 1 to 2 ohms, and like you say, its only temporary.

If your desired conversation was the topic of using items to raise the nominal impedance then I guess you should have said so. But you're actually looking for a solution to your situation, which has been provided. My $0.02 is to just wire to 2 ohms and be done with it, you're only making things 20x more complicated than they need be.

Edited by TeamHT

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

TeamHT: There was only one person who called you a dick and that was OP.

None of us were accusing you of anything, there is no need to get defensive. Go take a walk, chillax, cool off :)

you could find a .5ohm resistor that could take the power of your amp. but then you lose all the power you gained from going below the 2ohm you could have just wired it to in the first place. adding this resistor would be just like adding a speaker and consume all that power.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

TeamHT: There was only one person who called you a dick and that was OP.

None of us were accusing you of anything, there is no need to get defensive. Go take a walk, chillax, cool off :)

I quoted SRP365 but I am talking to the OP, and I'm not angry or defensive. Honest, I'm merely pointing out my logical points. Typed conversation doesn't have any inflection, but I type just as I speak, and if you heard me say what I typed it would sound very different.

Soon, technology would get to the point where we post video responses in threads, lol.

Edited by TeamHT

you could find a .5ohm resistor that could take the power of your amp. but then you lose all the power you gained from going below the 2ohm you could have just wired it to in the first place. adding this resistor would be just like adding a speaker and consume all that power.

Yep, except you'd have more cone area since youre effectively using the power.

Yep, except you'd have more cone area since youre effectively using the power.

my point was just that the extra power a resistor would eat up would offset the benefit of wiring to 1ohm instead of 2ohm. the subwoofer would get the same amount of power either way.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Part of me wants to say run of the subs in series to 8 ohms, but I'm not sure that'd be wise.

BASS MEKANIK RECORDS

"Audio Implosion" & "SubSonic Guillotine" available anywhere digital music is sold!

2007 Ford Focus

(NOTE: My cousin's build I helped him with)

Pioneer H/U

(4) Absolute Dome Tweeters on A & C pillars

Scosche HD683A's in front doors

Fosgate R168x2's in rear doors

SoundQubed HDS312 in custom 2.57 Ft^3 @ 30Hz

Audiopipe APCL-1800.1D

Q-Mat

Audio Technix 0 Gauge

119aH/850CCA Marine Deep Cycle batteries

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/DWRhythm