Second Skin Audio

Hi everyone, this is my first post, so I thought I'd take a minute to say hi. :P

I was hoping you guys could help recommend me a sub?

I'm going to use a ported enclosure, I don't want to spend too much over 150, but specifically the kind of sub I want is a 12" and I want it to hit as low as or as close to as low as 20 hz.

So far this is what I found that I may buy, I was hoping you guys could help recommend any others that could be better/cheaper.

http://www.sonicelec...TS-W3002D4.html

Edit: Oh yeah, and I'm planning on using 2 if that helps.

Edited by Eduardo Andrade

Clarion CZ401

Power Acoustik LT-980/2

dbLink 8 gauge kit

DXi 104 4 ohm DVC x2

Sealed Enclosure

lolwut.

inb4shitstorm

inb4lock

first

Edited by 412 CVX

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Haha, sorry man, I hit enter while entering tags thinking it would seperate them, that's why the post looked so random and stupid at first.

Clarion CZ401

Power Acoustik LT-980/2

dbLink 8 gauge kit

DXi 104 4 ohm DVC x2

Sealed Enclosure

I can't spend too much, I'm trying not to reach 200, and I'm hoping to achieve around 800 rms more or less each sub also if that helps others.

Edit: To clarify, I'm looking for sound quality (I want it to hit as low as possible) not SPL, but if I could have the best of both worlds that would be great too. I may look into the sundowns anyways.

Edited by Eduardo Andrade

Clarion CZ401

Power Acoustik LT-980/2

dbLink 8 gauge kit

DXi 104 4 ohm DVC x2

Sealed Enclosure

If your looking for something that will last attempting to play around the 20 hertz level your going to want to looking at investing a little more money and cone area. And I agree the Sundown SA12's are a millions times better then what you were looking at.

sundown SA 12, skar vvx 12, obsidian 12. in order from first choice to last choice.

all great subs though

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Sundown also does offer an SD12. These i think have a little bit smaller motor and are only around 160+shipping. That's more in your price range.

99 Pontiac Grand am

Single 15 Nightshade v2

2 1200d's Sundown Audio

8 MK Powered Batt's

DC 200 Amp Alt

The Sundown Sa12" is one of the best subs money can buy in that price range. You can get them new for as low as 195.00 each through certain Authorized Dealers... that is what I sell them for. However check with your local Sundown dealer as prices on shipping increase at certain areas causing price variations. Keep that in mind...

you can also find them used online for around 150-175 each

this is USA pricing of course.

good luck with your search. I do have a question though... what kind of car? what kind of amplifier? extra batts? upgraded alt?

Ok, it's just I'm on a tight budget right now, I just got a new car and I don't have much to spend, maybe around 1000. Some of that is going towards a second battery, maybe a new alternator, towards the amp, wiring, etc. I only have around 300 more or less to spend on subs, and I'm hoping to get 2.

Clarion CZ401

Power Acoustik LT-980/2

dbLink 8 gauge kit

DXi 104 4 ohm DVC x2

Sealed Enclosure