Sonic Electronix

Hi all, I'm new to the forums and figured I'd just jump right in. Been having this dilemma lately, so I figured id come and get some more opinions. Basically I'm looking to upgrade from 4 older kenwood excelon 10s in a suburban to some larger 12ins, in a 6ft sealed box. I just haven't been able to find any in my budget of 100-150 a piece that I would think would gain me any noticeable difference spl wise. anyone got any suggestions? Not looking for massive raw spl, just a good balance of spl and sq.

ignore the above posting lol. if anyone is able to help, im struggling with using torres's box calculator to design a new box. any help would be mighty appreciated. :partybanana:

Edited by Dman1320

Find a used sundown sa-12, build a ported box for it. They sound great in 2 cubes @ 31hz per (as long as you aren't pushing over 1000 watts to each)

Edited by SnowDrifter

"sq" and "spl" are terms you shouldn't be using.

why dont you just go with a ported box built to specs given from a box builder/designer on here? i hate sealed boxes.

"sq" and "spl" are terms you shouldn't be using.

why dont you just go with a ported box built to specs given from a box builder/designer on here? i hate sealed boxes.

Haha sorry, not trying to be offensive with my lack of knowledge and experience. I'm only 17, and I've built a few extremely mild systems for some friends, and the system that's in my suburban now is leftovers from my dads stuff. Just thinking it's time for something new.

you'll be WAY surprised with a proper ported box in your car. even with your current woofers. but not a box from best buy or walmart or frys electronics or wherever.