Second Skin Audio

To the AQ sub owners...

Yea pretty much. My phone distorts at max vol, so that was at one notch down. I don't have a DD-1 to test it with FTL.

I figure since my amp is CEA rated 180 to the sub, I used a DMM and set my gains with 0db tones from a CD I Made using Cool Edit Pro. Set them to 30/35 vol so I know where I won't distort (I hope)

I had my vol at 30 and sub level at +10/15 where I set 0db at.

If that doesn't make sense, it's because I'm drunk.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

well i was kind worried about playing any more lower than that cuz i tuned my box at 35hz but if some of you guys are playing tones as low as 17hz then im not so worried playing that if i can in the first place... also i got each sub powered by its own kicker zx1000.1. also yeah i noticed how much stiffer the suspension was when i got them in the mail... lol i was like hell these things dont even move

Be careful, tho... I'm tuned to 29.8. You need a big ass box, I'm 20% more volume than recommended and tuned 5hz lower. No infrasonic filter but I like to live dangerously.

Mine plays down to 3hz. Go to 2:10

It does 14hz like crazy.

It doesn't do 3hz very loud, but it does do it from a ported box

damn what camera are you using? surprised it can pick up freq's that low :o

Canon FS100. It's not HD but it has awesome mics on it.

2007 Pacifica

Yep. I find that camcorders work better than phones or digicams.

Oh, and I was drunk enough last night I just read I posted a vid of my RF sub in your AQ thread. My bad.

2007 Pacifica

Yep. I find that camcorders work better than phones or digicams.

Oh, and I was drunk enough last night I just read I posted a vid of my RF sub in your AQ thread. My bad.

lol its cool it was a good vid... but yeah i seen the vid and i was like wtf the car was moving a lot more than that...

well i was kind worried about playing any more lower than that cuz i tuned my box at 35hz but if some of you guys are playing tones as low as 17hz then im not so worried playing that if i can in the first place... also i got each sub powered by its own kicker zx1000.1. also yeah i noticed how much stiffer the suspension was when i got them in the mail... lol i was like hell these things dont even move

Hey I was looking into getting 2 sdc2.5 12" You have each 12"running off 1000 rms? Is 500rms going to be enough then or are you overpowering them? just was curious.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I could be over-powering these but i try not to play to music with low hz anymore cuz i dont want to much power going to these subs. I am not to sure but i think the higher tones don't use as much power but get plenty loud.