Well, I got 2 xp3000's and one d2700 that will be in paralell in my trunk. I was just going to make jumpers to connect them and hook amps to last xp3000 but I read if your going to be drawing alot of power that you shouls spead the power load out. Is it possible to make buss bar(s) for these 3 batts? Whats the best way to do so. Thanks oh and the bolts are m6 yes?

The D2700 is the car starter batt but they are all going in the trunk anyway so they will be paralell.

IMG_1721.jpg

This guy, Geoff C. (AudioAnonymous on here) https://www.facebook.com/jankiesmile#!/AudioAnonymous Can make coustom bussbars fast and cheap!

380581_10151485271670392_583185391_23905518_186864774_n.jpg

http://www.teamprojectdb.com/

Pontiac Grand Prix GT
400a Mean Machine alt.

EIGHT DD 12''s on a DDz2
DD vo 8''s,6''s,5.25''s&tweets
Norfolk, VA
http://www.youtube.c...ser/ovnorfolkva
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSPLSpot/473815915987218/?notif_t=group_activity#!/chrishova
http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/color]

^ x2! Don't want to sound like a nuthugger, but he does do really good work. But to save money for doing something out of the ordinary for you, i'd just have a buss bar for your 2 3000's and have short runs of 0ga to your d2700. I can see that being very easy to mess up if you dont get the correct angle/distance

^ x2! Don't want to sound like a nuthugger, but he does do really good work. But to save money for doing something out of the ordinary for you, i'd just have a buss bar for your 2 3000's and have short runs of 0ga to your d2700. I can see that being very easy to mess up if you dont get the correct angle/distance

Yeah damn D2700 is like 3/4" smaller and I'm not too experienced with metal work. What it I have the buss bars seperate form the terminals? (like exo did in the van) one along the pos side and one along the negitive with short jumpers to the buss bar from the terminals. Then from the bar to power and bar to ground? Just a thought.

If you were to do that, Just use wires to connect all of your batteries. You're drawing power from the same bank regardless.

Yeah but i want to spread the power from all 3 batts to a main source. Instead of from the last battery as I will be drawing a fair amount. So what your saying is I can do that but still connect all the batts with wires also?

I might be mistaken, but that's the beauty of fast discharge, if one battery gets drawn from, the other batteries will supply the power to maintain the same voltage as the rest.

Think of it as battery osmosis. That's what i took from researching, at least.

Buy 2inby 3/8 flat stock drill holes for battery terminals and as many holes as you want for 5/16 x11/2 bolts then use 0glugs and bolt to bussbar

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Buy 2inby 3/8 flat stock drill holes for battery terminals and as many holes as you want for 5/16 x11/2 bolts then use 0glugs and bolt to bussbar

Copper or Aluminum? pro cons? :pardon:

copper is a better conductor but costs way more. aluminum is a really good conductor also and cheaper than copper. aluminum also dissipates heat really well....not sure about copper with heat.

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq