How To: ELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/Fit

And I was correct apparently, finally got someone who sent me a diagram so here it is.

elddiagram.jpg

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

Have you physically looked at it yet? Since it's under the dash, and I'm not sure how accessible yours is, but I'd think that it seems like it's more hassle than it's worth. It's most likely going to involve pulling the entire fuse panel out and disconnecting a lot... A LOT... of wires. Unless you have enough slack when you remove all the bolts/screws that hold the fuse panel in place.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I looked under my dash panel again and in the exact spot there is a little metal screw holding something in (small rectangular black box) I am going to see what I can do, because I am ready to order my 200amp alternator but the ELD is just going to defeat that if I don't bypass it as I understand it. Maybe I am wrong I dunno?

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

Well you said before, in your build log I believe, that when you turn on the fan to blow some hot/cold air, the voltage stabilizes or something along those lines. So if that's the case, depending on how serious you are about competing/having excellent voltage, you don't really need the bypass. But... Turning the fan on is just one more thing to drain some precious voltage from the system. The ELD is held in by a bolt or a metal screw, so if it's somewhat accessible, just disconnect the battery, loosen the fuse box, and see if you can get the ELD out of there. You can remove the screw, but I think the wiring harness connector might still be holding it in from the back side of the fuse box.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

• 1 month later...

i know I'm bringing up an old thread, but I'm curious if this will work on a 91 Civic? i know that my car has an ELD, I was just wondering if it operates defiantly than the new civics you have listed?

I'm going to be preforming a full wire tuck on the E-Bay and I would love to do this at the same time!

• 5 months later...

No fusing is necessary really. Mine has been unfused and unswitched for the last year with no problems. And what are you thinking about with the diode? Just to absorb a voltage spike if there was one?

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Not necessary, but it won't hurt anything at all.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived