cz: i was being a smart ass, id say like blown engine said, intake exhaust and programmer would yield the best results. (since i know you aren't going to wanna give up your bass)

what about performance chips?

Introduce a no fat chicks in the whip rule.

Im gonna have tech force make up a sign that says that and put it on my car lol

• Lower your car - better aerodynamics
  • Keep you car washed/waxed/clayed - once again, aerodynamics
  • Clean air filter
  • Clean injectors
  • Clean spark plugs
  • A chip would help - but get a better one like superchips or upsolute or something. Cheap chips just dump a ton of extra fuel into the engine making it run rich.
  • If you have a manual car, shift lower, but not so low as to bog down the engine
  • Go to http://pure-gas.org/ and find an ethanol free gas station. Ethanol has lower btu/gallon then straight gasoline, so without it - your engine uses less gas to accomplish the same thing
  • Tire pressure - low rolling resistance tires would help too
  • Lower final drive
  • Lower stall torque converter (if automatic)
  • Drive smooth, look far ahead. If traffic slows down ahead of you, just let off the gas and coast. Don't 'hurry up and stop'

To go along with what Snow said, the easiest way is to lay off the skinny pedal. I drive like a grandpa and still barely pull 12 mpg out of my Ram. But It would be around 10 if I drove any different......

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

You see, they always say "try to keep your speed constant" when on the highway. but then they say make "smooth even stops". So you basically coast to the stop sign and brake gently so your engine is just idling as you decelerate. I understand that, but technically wouldn't it more fuel efficient to run 60mph until the last possible second then stop as quickly as possible? I know, i know, you are gonna destroy brakes and tires and other stuff this way. But strictly speaking MPG, i think crazy psycho stopping is the most advantageous.

But anyway, smooth acceleration and stops. Keep your car tuned up, Tires inflated properly, don't run the a/c, keep the windows up. so on and so on.

But technically wouldn't it more fuel efficient to run 60mph until the last possible second then stop as quickly as possible? I know, i know, you are gonna destroy brakes and tires and other stuff this way. But strictly speaking MPG, i think crazy psycho stopping is the most advantageous.

Not necessarily. Many cars cut out the fuel when you are moving, in gear, and not on the accelerator. So it doesn't use any gas when you glide.

Not necessarily. Many cars cut out the fuel when you are moving, in gear, and not on the accelerator. So it doesn't use any gas when you glide.

I've heard that, just didn't know how true it was cause' i heard it on the interwebz.

I've heard that, just didn't know how true it was cause' i heard it on the interwebz.

Tested it myself and it seemed to hold true. My friend's 1983 BMW on the other hand: doesn't cut the fuel.

If OP has a car with EFI he should be set :good:

All of the little tips I know have already been listed, so I'll add:

There was a guy on Aleromod (forum for Alero owners) that I used to frequent that had his car lowered with wheels and paint and he had a sticker on his back window that said;

"No Fat Chicks

Ride Will Scrape"

Lol.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

One of the simplest ways is to slow down and turn off your A/C.

Low speeds in high gears will drastically raise your fuel economy.

I've tested this lately.

I have a 30 mile drive to work every morning, and have tested a few things.

Cruise set @ 80, sixth gear, A/C on, I was getting about 26mpg.

Cruise set @ 80, sixth gear, A/C off, I was getting about 27.5mpg.

Cruise set @ 75, 6th, A/C on, 28mpg

Cruise set @ 75, 6th, A/C off, 29.5mpg

Cruise set @ 65, 6th, A/C on, 34.5mpg

Cruise set @ 65, 6th, A/C off, 35.5mpg

This was all in a 2012 Chevy Sonic 1.8L Automatic.

Basically, leave a little earlier than you normally would and do the speed limit. If it feels nice, turn off the A/C and roll your window down, you'll see huge increases.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT