A Suburban A Warhorse and a Pair of SMDeez

even if you had the 3rd row it prob still wouldnt satisfy you!

Ha, ha, I get what your saying. This setup is pretty satisfying in the output department. Even if I could coax more out of these subs with a bigger box I'd probably lose it all to panel and body flex. At this point I'd focus my efforts to taming roof and body flex first. :)

Taller Box?

Nah, I think it's tall enough.

No need to talk rebuild now. :D I just got the silly thing going. I need to get more vids out. :D

Yeah I'm at the point where I need to clean up things instead of trying to constantly upgrade. Theres always something to clean up, glass, ziptie :/, heatshrink, new bolts, tighten...you get where im going...water proof those ANL Fuses!! lol

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

That might be the only 147+ I've seen that seats 9. :twirl:

What format and where was the sensor?

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

That might be the only 147+ I've seen that seats 9. :twirl:

What format and where was the sensor?

Ha ha. Thanks. In Street SPL there are two meters. One is place at the center base of the windshield and the second is place on the passenger side head rest. You make a 30 second run on music. The meters are coninuously taking a 5 sec average, so pretty much it's the last 15 seconds that really matter. After the run both scores are averaged to give a final score. Some like it, some hate it, but it's what's here. :)

I competed in the Texas Showdown this past weekend. I competed in the USACI SQ Mod class. No metering here just straight SQ. Here are some pics. :)

Got the ol' Suburban all washed up and ready for the voyage from San Antonio to Houston.

DSC04768.jpg

Here is what I saw as I drove up to the show.

DSC04769.jpg

As usual, my fhawking battery died. :( This is where the show coverage stops.

Here are the highlights.

DSC04771.jpg

The plaque is for taking 1st in SQ mod out of one. :P The flag trophy is for best in show SQ class out of 6 competitors. :)

It was a good show. Got to catch up with fellow forum member No E and made some new friends. Always a good time regardless of the venue size. Just got to remember to smile and wave. :)

Got another little update for you all. This one was suppose to be part of the orignal build, but once things got rolling, if it wasn't ready, it got passed up. :\ Well this update was one of those things that the build couldn't be without. :D With out further ado lets proceed in adding a little accent lighting to the box. :)

Here is what I started off with. A pair of project boxes and battery connectors from Radio Shack, LED strips from the local auto parts store and some 9 volt batteries.

DSC04751.jpg

Instead of hard wiring everything in I opted to put a juction. I started off with one of these strips.

DSC04753.jpg

I cut the strip down to what I needed.

DSC04756.jpg

Here is a test fit of how everything packages in to the project box.

DSC04759.jpg

I added one of these cushion thingies to the project box lid to keep the 9 volt battery from working back and forth when everything is mounted up and going.

DSC04776.jpg

Here is a shot of everything in place.

DSC04780.jpg

Here is the what the finished box looks like. o_O

DSC04781.jpg

Here is the backside with the mounting hardward protruding through. Also a little test to make sure everything is working as planned. :)

DSC04784.jpg

I mounted the boxes under the amp to keep everything looking nice and tidey.

DSC04790.jpg

Now the hard work, getting the sub out and out of the way to get into the box. Dang these bishes are heavy. I wish they'd offer a neo version of this beast. Hint, hint!

DSC04791.jpg

Here is the LED strip in place. I got the wiring thought the box. As an added measure of security I added dabs of hot glue to keep the LED strip in place.

DSC04795.jpg

Here is a shot of the LEDs in action.

DSC04797.jpg

:)

Archived