A Suburban A Warhorse and a Pair of SMDeez

The driver's side install included the removal of the parking brake assembly. Here is the bracket in place.
12_zps1b029139.jpg

Here is a close up of the transition from the horn mouth to the underside of the dash.
13_zps3bebd17f.jpg

With the mounting of the horn bodies situated, I look into hot rodding the horn bodies themselves for added performance. How about a little port and polish job? Here I round over the short side for smoother transition.
14_zpsc3a8f1d8.jpg

On the long side I knocked down some of the flashing and high spots.
15_zps21e35f1b.jpg

Here is a look in from the horn mouth. :/
16_zpsac85da83.jpg

In addition to my port and polish job I added a little sound deadener to the outside of the horn bodied just to make sure they're dead. Muahahaha! Here is the start of the process.
18_zpse556a926.jpg

I opted to do a one piece wrap for the top and a one piece wrap for the bottom half, with a seam on the side walls. To keep the seams together and from rolling up I used some HVAC tape along the seams. Here is looking at the top side of the horn.
19_zps70696443.jpg

Here is a look at the bottom side of the horn.
20_zpsa5a1fc8e.jpg

Lastly here is a pic of the horns read for their final install.
21_zps494053a2.jpg

Here is a shot of the horns in place, brackets painted.
22_zps215c7b31.jpg

Disregard the tweeters in the a-pillars, they are going away as soon as I buy some replacement a-pillar panels. While you are at it, disregard that MS8 display panel as it is being replaced by this.
23_zpsa07a60ce.jpg

:)

those look painful lol, love the brackets they came out awesome! Also is that a 9887?

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

those look painful lol, love the brackets they came out awesome! Also is that a 9887?

Painful? That's sonic bliss you are looking at. :P Thanks. Nothing like having access to a cnc laser to knock out brackets like a hero. :D Yes it is a 9887. Sadly I'm not using any of the on board features since I've got the fancy processor in the back. It's just temporary till I get a new Nav/DVD head unit. :)

Loving the horns homie.

Thank you homie. BTW loving the new avatar. :D

nice I just picked up one last week, I ordered the imprint stuff for it off of ebay so fingers crossed it helps out on my stock doors

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

nice I just picked up one last week, I ordered the imprint stuff for it off of ebay so fingers crossed it helps out on my stock doors

Nice, congrats on taking it to the next level. just be patient and listen to you ears and you'll be fine. :)

Archived