Sonic Electronix

I know you are on a budget but listen to what these guys are saying about saving your money man and spending it on brands that are true rated RMS Amps with no questions and supply power you are looking for. The 5 channel amp isn't a bad idea at all can be cheaper if you don't need a ton of power.

Honestly if you are looking for a cheap but good system right now. Keep the 5 channel amp. Spend a little more money and go with this kenwood. It will supply much more power for the sub.

http://www.sonicelec...KAC-7005PS.html It will provide true RMS power and be able to power one maybe two subs depending on your subs you go with.

Headunit go with a Kenwood excelon, Pionier or Alpine. Sometime buying a used one isn't bad. Be cheaper and you can find some good deals on craigslist or here. Even check ebay and Amazon.

Speakers: Go with Rockford, Kenwood, Infinity, Jl Audio. They may cost a little more but you will be more happy.

Remember the sub box. A ported box will sound louder if designed right. So just know what you want in your system. If money is a problem, which it is for most of us. Save money, look around and do your research and find good deals on the internet and stores!!

Good luck!

Thanks for all the tips guys!

I just picked up 2 sets of Rockford T1652-S components. One of them doesn't have the tweeters. I plan to install one set in the front doors and put the pair without the tweeters in the rear deck. My question is they are rated at 100W RMS but is it bad if I run them at say 50-75W RMS? How much will that decrease the sound quality?

What are some suggestions of amps that I could get to run them with?

Here is the one I picked out at glance:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34761_Rockford-Fosgate-R400-4D.html

Would it be OK to install them running off the stock head unit until I get my amp and new HU?

Dude personally being in the same boat as you (16yr) I must say that buying off friends or some used is not a bad Idea. Ditch that power acoustik and fli stuff honestly. One of my friends went that route, told him not to and his sub is really not that good at all, sounds baaaad (not bad as). I got into car audio probably 6 months ago, have been addicted ever since. Over time by just looking at stuff and taking advice from other people I learned a lot. You get what you pay for, I see people learn the hard way all the time. Everything in my signature is used except my headunit. I paid about 200 for the hu which is beside the point, but I paid $475 for my amp, sub, box, and wires. Everything works great and is in very good condition. Now I must say its very reasonable and I really enjoy it after all it is my first setup. I plan to maybe go with 2 18's eventually, The jist I would say is try seeing if any other guys at school are in need of some quick cash, thats how I did it, then you get steal prices. My amp for example, $350 brand new, got it $175, the guy needed money fast.

Edited by Sketchup

Setup

Ride: Toyota Corolla

Headunit: Alpine CDE-123

Subwoofers: Fi Q 18

Amplifiers: Memphis 16 Pri-1000

Speakers Front: JL Audio TR650-CSI Comp's

Speakers Back: JL Audio TR650-CSI Coax's

Thanks for all the tips guys!

I just picked up 2 sets of Rockford T1652-S components. One of them doesn't have the tweeters. I plan to install one set in the front doors and put the pair without the tweeters in the rear deck. My question is they are rated at 100W RMS but is it bad if I run them at say 50-75W RMS? How much will that decrease the sound quality?

What are some suggestions of amps that I could get to run them with?

Here is the one I picked out at glance:

http://www.sonicelec...te-R400-4D.html

Would it be OK to install them running off the stock head unit until I get my amp and new HU?

Buying an amp for them will only let you run them louder without them distorting, you will be fine running it off the headunit, I'm not sure how you listen to your music, loud or whatever, but if you love your bass get the sub and a mono block first before you get the speakers an amp. You can go either way but I think you'd be happier with the bass sooner that those extra watts on the speakers

Setup

You don't have to buy everything at once, do it one by one but in quality, save up, and while saving up, learn what's good from here.

Welcome to the SMD Forums by the way :D

I saw your profile pic first, then when I started to read your post it was like homer was talking it in my head, lol

Setup

Do it right the first time, I decided to go cheap on my first build, and I got rid of it almost instantly. As a rule of thumb, decent mids with SQ and loudness should be at least $100 retail

imho if you want to conserve trunk space go with a 10 inch sub ported. Ported, if built properly, can sound just as clean if not cleaner than sealed. Depending on the sub it shouldnt take up much space at all.

Not sure what your budget is but look at the SSA Dcon and the Ascendant Audio assassin. Very affordable entry level subs that will kill anything mainstream in the same price range.

As for an amp check out an AQ750.

2008 Mazda 3s sport

HU: Kenwood DDX318

Mids and Highs: OEM, upgrading soon.

Mids and High Amp: adding soon

Sub: AA Arsenal 2ft^3 @ 31 hz

Sub Amp: BRZ1200.D w/ RF OFC 4 gauge.

Big 3: Knukonceptz CCA FLEKS 0/1

Alt: Mechman 220a

Source: Ipod classic

I've looked into a couple subs and have it narrowed down to a couple of options.

Sundown E10:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Sundown-Audio-E10-Subwoofer400W-E-SERIES.html

SKAR IVX-10:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/SKAR-Audio-IVX%252d10%22-300W-SUBWOOFER.html

DCON-10:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/DCON%252d10-D4-%E2%80%93-Sound-Solutions-Audio-10%22-300W-Dual-4%252dOhm-DCON-Series-Subwoofer.html

At the moment I am leaning towards the DCON because although it has a lower RMS it will be easier to find an amp that fits my budget and I am planning to put a thick piece of glass or plexi on the back of the trunk and I think the magnet on it looks the best.

As for an amp for running the components or sub I am completely undecided.