Second Skin Audio

Ma Audio Ma120qs 12 Inch Subwoofers

alright so my brother blew one of his rockfords and sold the other, im looking at these subs for him and just wanna know if they are an alright, dependable sub. i dont want something that will blow in a week if ya know what i mean. i just wanna know if any of you have had any experience with these subs. so good or bad?

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

anyone, are they alright subs for like $40 bucks each? i need to know so i can order or find other ones b4 xmas

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Iv got the ma 1500XL 15" sub and i havent had any problems with it when i get the money im looking to get 3 more

~REFS~

-CA.com-Gianotti(2 18" FI BTL D1) Slowd N Throwd(Wiring),Ebrunn(PC monitor),Rab(HK4000D)

-SMD.com-Nismofreak(Radar),BigP(Phone Headset),anonymous(Xbox360 Headset)

cool, im looking more into the lower level stuff, my brother doesnt want alot just some bump. and if it goes loud thats a plus lol. thanks for any and all replies, ill even take hearsay if its somewhat believable

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

I've used them in an install awhile back, good subs just don't overpower them.

GarysBuick006.jpg

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

^^ Thats TIGHT

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

umm it was a 600 watt rf amp, i set everything up but my brother didnt have a cd player and his oem player didnt have pre-outs so i used an inline converter off the back speakers so switch it to rca. he was using an fm transmitter and got alot of static i just think we was turning it up with alot of static and it broke. im currently repairing it. there was a wire inside that broke im just waiting for a soldier gun so fix it then hopefully it will work agian. but he is going to sell it the kid that bought the other one. static kills subwoofers!

im thinking about getting 4 of them not sure, then trying two in his car then hide some in my parents caddy lol. of course imma have to try all four in the back of my celica hatchback b4 they get to play with them. that is if i buy them, there are a couple other subs ive been looking at also.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

alright, so which would be better between the two, the ma subs already listed or the lightning audio's you get from walmart. the box will be ported and tuned pritty high, mostly because i dont think these subs can handle my 32hz hertz obsession but tuned high they should get reletivly loud im hopeing. im guessing tunning will be 38 to 40hz and as big of a box my brothers trunk can take, its kinds small. but yeah which would be better guys? the MA or the lightning audio's?

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-