Haha yeah, BOSS ain't taken to kindly round these parts, for good reason mostly.

But I know what you mean about the V-Layout... It'll be this (^) shape with a port in between the bottom two?

Here ya go though, "The conversion of Watts to Amps at fixed voltage is governed by the equation Amps = Watts/Volts" .:. You want a 10kW sub-stage, so with only one battery you would want 10,000 divided by 12ish volts which puts you at about 800A, lol. (I know you'll have more than one though, just doing what I know for sure as an example)

(Side quest.: does 2x stinger batteries mean that you are adding two batteries to existing electric or that you will solely house two batteries?)

I'm not too sure what additional batteries do? Does each battery essentially halve the current draw? for example, the 10kW would be divided by 24ish volts with two batteries?

Btw, I like how you were specific about your subs and amp but otherwise you just said "new mids and highs" lol, like who cares about that 20,000hz range outside of my subwoofers

8P

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

No thanks bro. Not into it.

I know that boss is not the best amp but at the min it was for a quick fix for the single RE SEX 15 just got back into car audio after 6 year i wasin the miliatry and lots of deployments over seas i didnt have time back then lol but thanks to a old friend im back into this agian.

setup ideas to get me to the hair trick lvl would be great here. Not long from now im going to start tearing the truck apart and start having fun with the build thanks for any help guys or girls on this forum.

HypnotizedMind 91666 thanks for info about the equation thats helps thanks agian.

• 1 month later...

all right i got reed of the boss amp and bought a Re Audio XTX5000.1 and started the build on the box running it @32.5 hrz 16 Ft3 .75thick mdf

Have Dones

battery upgrade to a yellow top optima

The Big Three

started the box build and tear down of the back the truck

Will put pics on here soon of the build

• 1 month later...

Any progress? & this seems like a big build for a new guy

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

OP pretty much just got another amp that outputs the same amount of power as the 2 boss amps combined. just letting you know.

Saw this yesterday and was thinking the same thing. They have them listed on their website at 2.5K at 14.4v. The gut shots dont look as beefy as other 2K+ amps I have seen but I havent seen any clamp tests on these to say wether or not they do rated.

to OP

Are you planning on adding another battery or anything. IMO 2K+ is alot for stock alt and a yellowtop. Maybe a secoond AGM battery out back with the amp?

So in a 100% perfect electrical world you will have about 5K rms. Thats alot for big3 and a yellowtop. What else do you have planned for electrical? Even if you were running only 2K rms thats alot for just a yellowtop up front. You planning on more batteries H/O alt? anything besides one battery and stock alt.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Yes i have put a kinetik hc800 on it sorry that i had not added that and im having a alt built by Nations Starters and alts its a 270 amp alt be ready in a time fram of 6-8 weeks from about 3 day ago running me about 680 USD alot for a alt though. AS for the RE Audio amps i bought a fellow audio guy come to me the other day a made me a offer on a SoundStream Tarantula TX1.2600D its .5ohm stable and all 4 subwoofer together that puts them just over 50watts over rms so i could beat alllllllll day and never hurt them this i like is the way im going to go. pics coming tonight guys i hope lol

Anyone know how to put pic on this part of the forum man looked for awhile but pic of the HALF WALL is on my profile i will fig this out guys and the other Half of the box is in the working as we speak

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1594-dodge-ram/page__tab__images

FIGED IT OUT SWEET hope this works for u all if not let me know

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys got half the wall together runniong on good power and the subs hit like there is not the much bass comingout of them could it be that the box is to big

Archived