Sundown Audio

Kenwood KAC-9105D clean amp?

i can clamp mine tomorrow. If i get time. It's hard to do since i have to find someone to help. If i do it i will pm you. One thing though, i drop from 14.4 down to about 13.5 at full titl so i can't promise i will get you a accurate reading for the 14.4v rating.

I will say that i am happy with mine. I think with it hooked to my 3013ps subs in 2ohm it gets pretty loud and thats in a sealed box. Would love to see what it can do in a ported enclosure. I know it tickles my left ear and others have said that it makes their ears itch.

Edited by strangeduck

I think that was the 9104 from last year. mine has a cooling fan and it's in my wheel well under lexan.There is hardly any airflow there. You can see it in my build log. it never goes into protect and i crank that thing quite a lot. Yeah, i know i should give it some air, and i will.

they are alright i owned on for a while and will do the job. but they do like to get hot. make sure its in a well vented area

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

Well, i Haven't had a chance to clamp yet but i tested something on the way home tonight. As you can see in my build log my amp have pretty much no ventilation right now. I was playing some bass heavy songs on the way home tonight right up near full tilt. My drive home is a 30 minute drive. After about 25 minutes i pulled over and felt my amps, a 9105d and a 8405 neither amp was overly hot. i could put my hand on them and and yes they were hot but not hot enough that it was even uncomfortable to have my hand on them.

Thats running full tilt and being suffocated for 25 minutes. So if you can find a better stress test than that let me know. The only complaint i have is the 9105d likes to dip in volume on intermittently after 20 minutes of being hammered on but i am assuming that is because i am probably clipping some. It's hard to tell for sure since i set my gains at volume 40 with my pac at 1/2 and used the -5db track. When i was coming home i had the knob at 3/4 to 7/8 and the volume at 35.

My voltage would dip to around 13.5 and when i got close to home it was starting to dip to 12.9, so that may be part of it.

Hope this helps.

Edited by strangeduck

I had one, they get hot as hell and are REALLY power hungry. Expect a lot of voltage drops if you have stock electrical. I wouldn't get it again.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I clapmed mine @ around 567 @3.6-7 ohms with rise included in those numbers. I never had 1 issue with mine, I would full blast for hours at a time, never shut off, never poped a fuse. Decent amp for the money spent 2years ago and 0 knowledge on 2010 car auio equipment. However, if your looking new, shell out the extra cash and get something better.

REALLY power hungry
Kenwood website says it pulls a max of 57amps.... Edited by volvowith18psi