Trade ins?

Well here's the deal. My wife and I like to be car payment poor so this ain't our first rodeo.

Take what you owe on the car you have now. Then minus -  example 20000

What it is worth I.E. carmax, KBB, trade in. etc. and                        15000

That will give you what you have plus or minus for your next car.       -5000

If you still owe more then it's worth then it will be added onto your next car. Price of car plus trade in

Try to seperate the sale of the car and the purchase of the new car as 2 deals. NEVER talk about payments!!!

Always get the final price of the car and the final amount they will give you on trade in BEFORE talking about payments or rate.

I have found that Carmax will give you a little more then any other dealer because they will have a better idea of what they can get for it at the wholesale market also known as the auto exchange in the biz.

If you can, talk to internet salesman or someone in fleet. Internet guys usally has some deals that the other guys don't get to get people in the door. Fleet guys sell on numbers not commision. So they can cut killer deals to get their number of cars of the month.

It's  best to narrow down exactly what you want before talking sale with the guy. Do your homework, know the car you want, know what options, what years what trim lines. These guys selling don't know a damn thing but will tell you whatever you want to hear.

TRUST me i've been looking for a second Excursion for 4 months now. I've heard some dumbass people tell me all about a truck that I already have like i've never seen one before :-

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

wouldn you get more value for the car if you sold it.

Hell yeah. Only if you can find someone to buy it.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

:o14k thats alot... ya trade ins are usually a giant scam... didnt really have a good experiance when recently switched cars so i may be biased but ya you should earn more on the private market with your car vs a trade in (ive never dealt with wrecked cars thou)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer