Did anyone build models as kids, or maybe still do? I know I was building then like crazy when I was younger, but never left them alone. I would find some way to modify the kits so I would have something unique. Wish I still had them, my favorite one was a '90 Chevy Stepside that had a chop top and was body dropped. That was back when I was maybe 12, so no digital camera or that sorta thing. Hell I think my computer then was a freaking 386 or slower lol. But yeah, seems like every week I would have a new model to build even if I was still working on another one. It wasn't uncommon for me to take parts from two kits and make one model. The other day I decided to get back into building models just for fun. I haven't found any place near by that sells them, but I have found a site that sells models. Also I ran across a contest for model builders, I am going to enter just for the fun of it. You can find the contest at www.staceydavid.com. I forget the prizes and that stuff. I have decided to do a 1970 Mustang, but combine it with a 2010 Shelby Mustang. Should be interesting to see what comes out of combing a new and old Stang.

I don't, but my sisters boyfriend does. He's a lowrider guy so he's got a bunch of Impalas. I don't know much about models, but to me they look pretty good. If I can, I'll snag some pictures next time I'm at their house.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

i did a couple when i was in and just after graduating high school...Ford Galaxie with Hydraulics...made from pen springs and other bits...I also did a F150 extended cab with some big wheels off of a larger scale kit...tucked them and layed it on frame...lol...I kept it on my desk at work when I was at a Collections company...lots of coworkers would compliment me on it..lol

it was cool to try to make things look like customized cars/trucks when there isnt much to work with...i can imagine in a contest for them people are probably making widebody kits and all kinds of stuff from scratch with bondo/fiberglass...good luck and make sure to post pics

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Thats cool, I built a few Implalas before only one of which was a lowrider. The others were mild custom or hot roded. Actually I can real every model I built and what I did to them. One I had built in a working audio system (if you want to call it that. But I took a pair of cheap ear buds and place them in a '95 Sonoma, then made a trim panel to make it look like there was an enclosure behind the seats. That was back in 96 when I was just getting into car audio. Wasn't too loud, but I think I was going more for the look than anything. I had some crazy ideas back then.

i did a couple when i was in and just after graduating high school...Ford Galaxie with Hydraulics...made from pen springs and other bits...I also did a F150 extended cab with some big wheels off of a larger scale kit...tucked them and layed it on frame...lol...I kept it on my desk at work when I was at a Collections company...lots of coworkers would compliment me on it..lol

it was cool to try to make things look like customized cars/trucks when there isnt much to work with...i can imagine in a contest for them people are probably making widebody kits and all kinds of stuff from scratch with bondo/fiberglass...good luck and make sure to post pics

It is fun to make something from practically nothing. I know other people who wll be entering this contest have more experience and such, but I'm doing it just cause can. I like what ya did with the F150, I bet it looked nice. If ya got a pic of it, post it...would love to see it. I will post pics of the build when I get it started. I dunno if I treat it like a build log for system or just show ya guys the final product. I'm not sure what all I'm going to do tho. I will take any ideas you guys have on paint and such into consideration.

I tried to do one before but failed when I used spray paint lol. I do have 2 revolver models.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

i didnt have any pics...and when i quit that job i left it there...i know a buddy of mine swooped it up and kept it on his desk..lol

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Here is a quick run down of models I have built, or at least I can remember.

'78 Mustang-no mods, but blew it up with a bunch of firecrackers

'90 Chevy stepside-chop top, body drop and horrible flame paint job

'57 Chevy Bel-Air-cut roof off, made into a roadster, modified '58 Impala front clip to replace the orginal front clip. Made it lay frame.

'95 GMC Sonoma Reg. cab-LS motor from '00 Trans am kit, working audio system, lowered suspension

there are a few others, but my brain has gone to bed....so I must follow

• 3 weeks later...