The Rodeo: 4 Zv4 15s: 6th Order: 4 SAZ 3500s: Small Updates pg 39

Just finished reading from page one, amazing work bro. I'm local to Eastgate but can never make it to shows due to me working nights/weekends (bartender). Any way we could meet up for a demo sometime? Loudest system I have heard in person is snow's, would love to break my 150 cherry. And possibly make my wife sit in it too hahaa!!

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Just finished reading from page one, amazing work bro. I'm local to Eastgate but can never make it to shows due to me working nights/weekends (bartender). Any way we could meet up for a demo sometime? Loudest system I have heard in person is snow's, would love to break my 150 cherry. And possibly make my wife sit in it too hahaa!!

Chris is doing a 150 with his 18's.

This ride, though, will break your 157 cherry lol

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Chris is doing a 150 with his 18's.

This ride, though, will break your 157 cherry lol

When I heard chris' ride he was rocking the 2x crossfire 12's and I think he said at the time he hadn't broken a 150, could be mistaken though. Either way, I gotta hear/feel this bad boy.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Really nice work man.... impressive...

The wall looks awesome man! Great work

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Its been a long road to get to this point and there is still a lot left to do but its starting to pay off.

Afrakes, send me a pm and lets set something up. I'm living in Tukwila right now but I make my way up towards Bellevue pretty often.

Team NorthWestSPL

^You know it! Didn't drop below 13.5v today while testing. So after I finished pulling numbers from the truck with these ports I am pretty pleased, but also have some new problems to deal with.

Started at 35hz and then moved up by 5hz increments just to get a general idea of the response curve. I do this every time I test a new port. Again, always sealed on the dash. I would test opened up if I could....I'll be fixing that soon though. Anyways, SCORES!

Continuing where I left off yesterday...

IMAG1105.jpg

IMAG1106.jpg

IMAG1107.jpg

IMAG1108.jpg

IMAG1111.jpg

It drops back down to a 153.5 @ 60hz...for whatever reason I forgot to take a picture of that one.

I wish I had recorded my wipers for the 55hz burp tho....there was carnage lol

IMAG1114.jpg

The windshield was flexing like crazy and I guess the wipers were bouncing off of it so hard that the casing, the part that connects the wiper blade to the rod, broke in half, sending the wiper flying though the air....

I'm hoping once I get a pole in the car this will be less of a problem. Or else I may have to start carrying spare blades with me to shows lol.

Oh also, I think I found my peak as it sits now, back up to 33hz.

IMAG1113.jpg

Unfortunately, my doors didn't like all the testing, I heard the "pop" when I was testing 29hz for shits and giggles.

IMAG1101.jpg

Team NorthWestSPL

So if you were paying attention to the scores, you noticed I peak at ~30hz and ~55hz and there is a 3 db drop at 45hz. With this being a 6th, I have an upper and lower peak. The drop in the middle is just the gap in response between the tunings....I need to either move the tunings closer together or adjust the ports/chambers to flatten out the response....easier said than done.

Trying a new rear port. Thinking this will result in a flatter overall response but probably a loss in the lowest frequencies...we shall see.

IMAG1104.jpg

Team NorthWestSPL

I spy with my little eye a crimper :peepwall:

I thought your rear port was one of the adjustable psycho-acoustics ones?

Archived