The Rodeo: 4 Zv4 15s: 6th Order: 4 SAZ 3500s: Small Updates pg 39

are you adding to that port for the rear chamber or is that it? looks pretty short to me if so

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

• 3 weeks later...

updates?? is it playing?

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Don't know how I missed this build ...... Bad ass man,I was thinking about doing this samething to my blazer. What's your box spec's and tuning?

2 DC Audio lvl 4 xl 18s D .7s walled off @ 30 hz

19 cubes net 245sq in of port

Sundown 3500 @ .7 Ohm

Sundown 100.4

Rockford Fosgat Power Series

5.25 Dash

6.5 Kicks

8 Coaxils Doors

250 mechicman alt

1 red top under the hood

2 yellow tops in back

big 3 with 1/0 knukonceptz wire

3 runs of +/- 1/0 knukonceptz wire

IT LBS

Shit, haha yeah i've been really busy and admittedly kinda butthurt about how things went so I haven't taken the time to update in awhile....but here it goes.

I'll put some more pics up at some point here of my progress.

Basically after that picture above, I built the port for the rear chamber and installed that as well as the front loading wall. I built the front loading wall with way too big of a port (on porpose to play with and find my tuning). Well, i didnt get the time to play with it at all before the show a few saturdays ago so I went on my way and listened to it for the first time on the drive to soundwerks. It sounded loud, I would say a bit louder than the old wall but didnt seem to have the same range I was expecting (passed this off as not having the proper tuning time etc.)

Well, I got to the show, and started to demo a bit for one of my friends, actually SnowDrifter on here, and then while going near full tilt on the very first song my dumb ass opened the doors....fuuuuuuuckkkk bad idea

haha my voltage immediately dropped to 12v, the bass stopped, and i experienced that smell we all know and hate. The top left xl blew its coil and mostly seized.

So that was that for the show. Hung out and got some great demos but damn, that sucked.

Well after wallowing in my sadness for a day or so I went back to look at things. The way it failed and how everything unloaded with the doors opening didnt really make sense to me so I rechecked all my math and measurements. Holy hell was my rear chamber off, at some point a made a big mistake in calculating the volume of my rear chamber...it was actually about 15 cubes? WTF!

Not even sure how that happened tbh, but as a result im ripping out the rear baffle and redesigning. The new design will still be a series tuned 6th but it will be a center port and should do very well smashing the lows.

Also, I am selling the xls and going to buy two new 18s (still not sure what) but something with a 4 inch coil that as a pair can eventually handle 10k. I loved how the DCs handled and sounded in the old box on the 3500 but as soon as I added more power they were getting stinky quick, so its time to move on haha

So this build is very much still happening! Just slowing down for a bit but hopefully taking a turn for the better. Its been hot here recently and I really dont want to climb in that box with a saw and go to town removing that rear baffle. haha anyone want to make $50? lol

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived