I Can't do the Big 3 on my car!

i had the same issue with my volkswagen but i left all of my stock wires and just ran all new 1/0 on top of all of it works great.

P.S. NEVER SAY YOU CAN DO THE BIG 3 MORE THAN LIKELY ITS BEEN DONE!

http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/

2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor

BIG 3

Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS

RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm)

RF T400.4

RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box)

RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2

all stinger wires

200a alternator (SINGER ALT)

RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear)

KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front)

KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK)

120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt

20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black

just upgrade the grounds for now. it'll help a little bit. actually the grounds are probably the most important part for you. that wire should be enough for the full load of the alt. upgrading the + wire wont do much.

on a side note. i cant believe who had the nerve to show his face around here again. i wonder if he came back with all the money he owes SMD members, or just more garbage alts.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

PM mechman and see what he says and if he can do anything for you cause that looks like a terrible way to do what they did.
Honestly I don't have the money to get an entire custom alternator right now. I guess I'll just have to leave it. I'm only running a 500 watt RF amp, so it isn't too bad. I just thought I might as well do the Big 3 to help get the most out of the electrical system.

Maybe just throw in a small second batt for now. You can get those kinetik hc600 for 50-60$ online and that along with the big3 stopped my voltage drop but I'm running 1000-1100w rms.

I have a hc600 laying around, pm me if ya want it

PM mechman and see what he says and if he can do anything for you cause that looks like a terrible way to do what they did.
Honestly I don't have the money to get an entire custom alternator right now. I guess I'll just have to leave it. I'm only running a 500 watt RF amp, so it isn't too bad. I just thought I might as well do the Big 3 to help get the most out of the electrical system.

Maybe just throw in a small second batt for now. You can get those kinetik hc600 for 50-60$ online and that along with the big3 stopped my voltage drop but I'm running 1000-1100w rms.

I have a hc600 laying around, pm me if ya want it

u say u have an extra hc600 layin around? u mind giving it to me plz, could be really appriciated tnx

NOTHING DOWN HERE YET :(

OBSIDIAN FTW

If you look closely at the first pics you'll see 2 what look like 10ga wires on a plug with another white wire with black stripe.

Just one of those alts it looks like you can't do a lot with, best option is to add a 2nd alt that's one wire on the engine if your able to find room.

Yeah that's what I was trying to show people

i had the same issue with my volkswagen but i left all of my stock wires and just ran all new 1/0 on top of all of it works great.

P.S. NEVER SAY YOU CAN DO THE BIG 3 MORE THAN LIKELY ITS BEEN DONE!

There is NO SPOT to add another wire to.

May i ask what year and model your car is and what engine it has?

Edit

It looks like you have the 2.3l 4 cyl.

here is a pic of the back of the alternator.

Look where the arrow is on your alt. see if there is a wire there. It's back in a tight spot so it might be hard to see or covered by a rubber boot with flex loom around it.

3274810_bac.jpg

No wire there sir, trust me, I've looked carefully.

I remember those well. Back when these cars were new, we used to do lots of BIG systems in them. This required upgrading the alternator and charge lead and migrating away from the stock connector. I had a GIANT Phoenix Gold 190 Amp large case alt on mine . . . LOL . . .

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Archived