Second Skin Audio

2 RE SeX's in a 1998 toyota avalon

So I am planning on upgrading my system a little bit. Currently I am running a 1300W Sony Xplod subwoofer, a 1200W Pioneer Amp, and a cheap-o Walmart box. I plan on using the same amplifier, but I am going to purchase 2 RE audio SeX 12" subwoofers. I am wondering what kind of box would work well for this set up. And if this is even going to be a decent system. I'm not too worried about SQL but i am looking for more SQL. The only reason that I will be purchasing the SeX's is they are a steal at the price I can get them for.

If I get any feedback, I might try and document what I've done, and am going to do to the system. Thanks for the input!

Current System:

Clarion CZ702

Stock 5 channel amplifier

Infinity Reference 4022i 4"

GRS 6.5"

Audiopipe 1800.1

2 RE Audio SEX V2's In a 4th order ported though the armrest

2003 130 Amp Toyota Highlander alternator

your not going to have near enough power for those 2 sex's with that amp... just my .02 though

Edited by Trigg

there is some VERY hard headed people out there. Anyone who says a DD-1 isnt necessary is also saying an O-scope isnt necessary. Anyone who says an O-scope IN THE MINIMUM isnt necessary, is a noob. Forget the DD-1 for a minute, any reputable installer will at LEAST use an O-scope. Those guys in that thread are clowns. Hard headed clowns.

you say your "I'm not too worried about SQL but i am looking for more SQL....which is it?

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

you have no idea what SQL is, so dont even use that term.

i would just get one dual 4 sex (lol such a stupid name) since that amp will output 600rms at 2 ohms. no point in buying two unless you upgrade your amp.

ported box 2.0cuft 33hz like the site says. 30sqin of port

I meant I am looking for SPL, not SQL. And only reason I say that is because I have read that SeX's are better for SQL. I understand that the amp is not going to fully utilize the sub's, but its what I have for now, and I plan on upgrading further in the future. I am buying two, because they are being sold as a package for $125. Both brand new. I know its not going to be perfect, but i'm really going for more bang for my buck. Thanks for the input though.

Current System:

Clarion CZ702

Stock 5 channel amplifier

Infinity Reference 4022i 4"

GRS 6.5"

Audiopipe 1800.1

2 RE Audio SEX V2's In a 4th order ported though the armrest

2003 130 Amp Toyota Highlander alternator

I meant I am looking for SPL, not SQL. And only reason I say that is because I have read that SeX's are better for SQL. I understand that the amp is not going to fully utilize the sub's, but its what I have for now, and I plan on upgrading further in the future. I am buying two, because they are being sold as a package for $125. Both brand new. I know its not going to be perfect, but i'm really going for more bang for my buck. Thanks for the input though.

spl would include walling your car off and tuning your box to 70hz to play one note for two seconds. sq, sql, and spl are terms 99% of people shouldn't be using.

edit: not trying to be a dick, but i'm letting you know

Edited by Kranny

why would you look for spl with that? haha..just my .02 ..your gunna be hitting like 120 hah. SPL is for comps kid

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

oh spl is "sound pressure level" also if you did not know that :D

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

why would you look for spl with that? haha..just my .02 ..your gunna be hitting like 120 hah. SPL is for comps kid

120? lol come on now. you could do that with headunit power, let alone 600 watts.

haha hey im being sacrastic haha. well twisted's components were 112 if im correct haha . i watched that vid

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's