Second Skin Audio

MDF Flex

Well, I give up. Tried bracing the shit out of my box, and the fucker still flexes (those SA-8's get down big time :lol: ) plus I need to redesign the box to fit under the seat better...what 3/4" material would work better than MDF? What do you guys use?

POTATO!

Im sorry you shouldn't be getting flex from low power setups ill assume you are running less than 1500 watts

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Im sorry you shouldn't be getting flex from low power setups ill assume you are running less than 1500 watts

Try 1500 watts dead on :shrug: it needs rebuilt, but instead of just doing MDF again and risk having the same issues, I'd like to do it right and still be stronger than what I have now...

But seriously, let's not turn this into a complaint on how shitty it is. I just want suggestions to stronger wood that would work for car audio...

Edited by iceman1575

POTATO!

pics of box? and bracing?

No pics, videos in my build log. It was virtually thrown together but I did the best I could with it with what I had. Going to do it right next time. Bracing is 1x1 squares of wood top-bottom, and one from that to baffle. Hard to explain, it was a 5 minute fix because my top is one long piece...

POTATO!

what is your box made out of 1/2in or something? I didnt get box flex with a level 5 18 and a couple dowels. If you have box flex issues with SA8s i feel like you didnt brace correctly.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/