its all preference for what you want to do. the thumb over or a vertical fore grip. magpuls angled foregrip does not really lend itself to stopping muzzle climb though

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Skippy, paper covers the serial number of the gun.

I do the thumb over bore hold. Was much better for me personally than the C-clamp method.

C-clamp and thumb over bore essentially the same grip are they not? Im just deciding and playing with using just the fore end, or possibly adding either an angled or vertical foregrip... I definitely like the thumb over the top though, does help to drive the gun to the target much more effectively.

you see them used interchangeably on the internet but I find I place my thumb over top more aggressively than in the standard thumb break method.

I don't plan on using any fore-grip because I don't like the added weight over using a simple handstop..look em up.

purty. Now you just got me really anxious for my MUR to show up. Fits great on the lower from what I can see...

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Be advised that I purchased the MUR not only because of its extra rigidity over a stadard upper but also its color. It matches the dark matte black of noveske lowers. If your lower has a more teflon "non-stick" pan look to it, it will NOT match..

Not worried about it. Saw that mentioned in a couple threads else where. Im building a shooter, not a looker. I am gearing up to shoot a fuck ton through this rifle, its gonna get beat on, dropped, dirty. Its going to get used. A lot. Im planning on getting into 3 gun, as my pistol and especially shotgun skills are solid, and Id really like to take some classes with the AR also. If I get to worried about how it looks, thats what dura coat is for down the road. The receiver is so well praised and was not really a not a huge investment so why not buy it? It can be used in another build down the road. So I decided to do something different.

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

I gotcha... just not super worried if the finishes are perfect matches, Ill save that for the next build which will be a pretty varminter style rifle.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

No, I had to find another barrel. a comparable barrel to the noveske I'm gonna pick up is the BCM CHF stripped 14.5" maybe a VLTOR lp gas block too. I've also gotta make a final decision on what muzzle device I want to pin to the end. I've got the barrel nut and an ambi safety from battle arms development on the way.

Archived