Sundown Audio

why is my amp 3x as loud when only one of the RCA is input..

i hooked a system up for my mom in her whip with a single l7 ported with a orion 2400 amp.. theres no head unit currently and its hooked up through the stock head unit with a speaker wire to rca converter on the rear speakers since the stock unit has no rca outputs... how come ill be by the amp and have both rcas input in the input and it will barely hit like it should, and once i unplug one of the rcas its 3 as loud... maybe because that converter i am using isnt putting out enough volts to the amp maybe? it doesnt make any fucking sense to me. thanks, should i just get a head unit, and a line driver/volt booster thing for her and be done with it?? will that solve this?

I say just get a new HU. I don't like stock ones. Plus it sounds like ur high to low is janky so maybe you need to spare a few more pennies and get a decent one. I've had one that was $5 and it didnt work then I get a nicer one and everything worked fine.

how many wires are going to the speaker?

Edited by HunterJohnson

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Well it has to be something related to the RCA's lol. something changes when he takes one out. i had a similar problem with my very first system. one of the RCA's had a bad connection of something like that. swapped out the RCA's and i was back to bumpin

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.