Second Skin Audio

How does this box look? (IVX-15 on 300W)

Alright, so this is gonna pretty much be my first build.

Here's my design. Let me know what you think. All criticism, advice, changes, or complete new designs welcome.

Box.png

Fairly simple design. Everything look correct?

I made it a bit large, since it's on low power. Should I go smaller or bigger or is this a good size?

So is there anything else I need. Bracing, another baffle?

Also thought I should mention I don't have a router, so no roundovers on the port. Is that a big deal?

Edited by LZTYBRN

Wait nvm lol helps if u re read the title. What's ur new design??

I edited the original post with it.

I would put sub and port on the same side..

Why?

Also forgot to mention this is going in the back of a suburban.

looks great man. wonderful first design. only thing i see wrong is that whammy on the bottom. i dont think that will do much for you but the actual problem i see is that it doesnt look like you calculated it into displacement. so that will raise your tuning from what you think it is, if you dont correct for it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

looks great man. wonderful first design. only thing i see wrong is that whammy on the bottom. i dont think that will do much for you but the actual problem i see is that it doesnt look like you calculated it into displacement. so that will raise your tuning from what you think it is, if you dont correct for it.

Thanks! Only reason I put that there was the spl gains thread. I know it won't give me that much but I figured I'd try to squeeze as much out of this as I can. And I did calculate the displacment of it, but looking at it now it looks a bit small. But do you think I should just get rid of it?

And is there a reason that torres is consistently about .2 cuft. less than my own calculations of the net volume?

this has honestly got to be the best first design i've ever seen from people on here.

Haha thanks a lot. I've spent about a year reading around here and researching, but with no money to do my own build. And now I finally can.