Second Skin Audio

Aq750.1 or Aq1200d?

I have recently bought (2) RE Audio SRX 12's. I was planning on getting the Aq750.1 to power them but for $70 more I can get the 1200d. My subs are rated at 300wrms but I will keep the gain down. I will probably upgrade the subs in the future but I wanna know is can I get away with the 1200d? I will be getting the Aq120.4 for my mids and high so I want my amplifiers to match.

Well, you can never have too much power and if you're going to upgrade subs at some point, get the 1200. It's an awesome amp for the money. I used mine with a 500w RF P3 12" and that held up for months of abuse until I just wanted more lol. Just keep an eye on the gain and watch for clipping and you'll be fine.

My $.02

Big 3 with 1/0 welding cable, dual runs of 1/0 and 2gua F-R

DD 2512 D2 powered by Audioque 1200d at 1ohm, 2.5ft^3 ported to 36Hz

Boston SX 6.0 comps powered by Phoenix Gold M50 for front stage

Silver Flute 8" midbass in doors powered by Alpine 3539

Alpine CDA-117 HU

hey just curious where are you going to buy them? i bought my xtx 5000.1 but i accidently bought the wrong vcoils so i think i'm switching my amp.

2005 ford explorer xlt limited 4x4

2 xs power d3400s

2 runs of shca

mid/ highs- infinity 6x8 3 ways

2 18 ssa icons

2 aq 1200.1 @ 2 ohms

10 cubes tuned to 36 hrz

Yeah, they won't take the 1200 daily. I ran the same subs in D4 coil configuration. The coils held up perfectly but the surrounds ripped off after about a year. Wiring them to 4 ohms won't give you much out of that amp. I ran mine off of a Fosgate T1000bd(so around 1350 watts at 14.4V). They really woke up when I wired them down to 1 ohm, but the surrounds didn't like me for it. Good luck with your choice :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.