Need Help With Power Supply

I found that an class A/B amp has around 50% eff and a class D amp has arround 70%; in that case i would need a single 525A (536.9 to be exact) alt. or two 275A Alt.s .... dose this sound right for an 8000w peak system?

peak is a useless selling ploy stop thinking about peak and only think about RMS ... and you would need a 525A alt IF you had no batteries ... your batteries are what the amps and car take the power from ... your ALT is what keeps the batteries charged ... if the batteries had 1AH then you would need a huge ALT .... but they dont they have many AH so they stay charged for a good long time and your ALT keeps them charged ... you will be ok with a 270A alt and batteries. My car right now had a d3100 and stock alt ... i can bump for a good long time full tilt with ~ 3000 watts and i dont voltage drop below 13V untill after about an hour of playing ... i will soon be getting a second 200A alt making 270A .... just get a good 270A alt and some good batteries, hook it all up with good wire and you will be PERFECTLY ok to BUMP for a long time !

Tron you should do some research before you post. Im not trying to be dick at all! Im just saying misinformation can cost people time and money.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Tron you should do some research before you post. Im not trying to be dick at all! Im just saying misinformation can cost people time and money.

What was wrong with my info? Seriously honest, becasue from what I know, there's nothing wrong with it...

ps. Even though people give out info on a forum, I'd never go with their info with out asking a professional first, and neither should anyone else.

Edited by TRON

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

So I'm on the mechman website, I click HighOutput Alts- Ford truck- Explorer- 4.0L V6 SOHC- and then I'm stuck with the year.... I have a 2004 but idk what the rear cover there referring to is? The options are black or gray? And they both lead to a different recommended alt. where is the "rear cover"?

probably the plastic covering on the alt. dont be afraid to call them though. they are friendly.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.