Second Skin Audio

HX2 12" Recone

I would really like to practice and learn how to recone subs just to better my skills in something new. I have never done it before so I will be using the very detailed tutorial created by KingSUV. I have 2 old school Rockford Fosgate HX2 12's both blown, one has already been torn apart after a friend tried to attempt to start reconing it (never happened). All I really need to know is how do I find a recone that will work with the motor and basket and be inexpensive as I will more than likely not get it right on my first try lol. Can I use any brand softparts or should I be looking for something specific, again this is just a little project that I want to attempt since I have the subs sitting there doing absolutely nothing. They are 12" subs, dual 4 if I am not mistaken.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I have a set of D4 coils that will work for those motors. I've built a set for friend using these D4 coils, some 3" spiders, and Sundown Z.v2 cones. I still have few more spiders and they Z.v2 cones as well. Works real well let me know if you're serious about it.

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

I bring nothing to the table here..... but,..

Want ya to know,thats cool man, broaden those horizons .... and would very much dig checking out your tutorial on how it goes...Ive never done one. Or even seen a RC. So, get yourself busy bro... and i'll be waiting to check it out.. and honestly, good luck man.... :drink40:

I bring nothing to the table here..... but,..

Want ya to know,thats cool man, broaden those horizons .... and would very much dig checking out your tutorial on how it goes...Ive never done one. Or even seen a RC. So, get yourself busy bro... and i'll be waiting to check it out.. and honestly, good luck man.... :drink40:

I'm not making a tutorial but I will document it. I am using Kingsuv's pinned tutorial which makes it look super simple lol. I figure hell if I mess up atleast it's not on a sub I actually need.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I have a set of D4 coils that will work for those motors. I've built a set for friend using these D4 coils, some 3" spiders, and Sundown Z.v2 cones. I still have few more spiders and they Z.v2 cones as well. Works real well let me know if you're serious about it.

I am very serious I was just looking at the SA 12 recones for $40 in sundowns section as my starting point wasn't sure if they would fit. How much do you want for the Z recone. Also if I do the SA or Z does that change my rms on the sub in anyway or can I still safely throw 500w at it? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a side project.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

Build Log

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I am very serious I was just looking at the SA 12 recones for $40 in sundowns section as my starting point wasn't sure if they would fit. How much do you want for the Z recone. Also if I do the SA or Z does that change my rms on the sub in anyway or can I still safely throw 500w at it? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a side project.

I can pm you price on it. As far as power handling, it takes 500watts per with no issues. In my opinion, the power handling on these does not exceed 750rms on these without sacrificing sound quality. Motor is too shallow; hence, limited on excursion. We can stiff'n the suspension to provide support on power handling, but would raise the fs. Once suspension is loosen enough, at high power (1000watts + to each) the sub will bottom out before you smoke it. But then again, the box plays a very important role in providing assistance to control the movement of these drivers.

The SA's recone will not fit as they are 2.5" coil. The Punch HX2's are 3" coils.

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db