Alternator confusion

I have a 99 jeep grand cherokee with a 4.7L V8 and i got a 180 amp alternator to run about 3000 watts rms.. I got it for extremely cheap!! would you like me to send the link to you?

from where, ebay? those alts suck donkey dick. unless you paid at least like $300-350 for that thing, its not that great of quality. just saying.

edit: did you get it from here or something? http://www.maniacele...amphioual6.html

edit 2: guarantee you they just swapped out the stator for a bigger one. maybe the diodes too. all in a stock casing. cant imagine the heat coming off of that thing.

Edited by Kranny

250a x 14.4 = 3600 watts

270a x 14..4 = 3888 watts

Those numbers dont really mean much in reality as your going to have battery power and the whole dynamic power side of amps playing music to take into account. Unless your running tones all the time.

thats true not to mention what the components of the engine and other electrical use and resistance Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

250a x 14.4 = 3600 watts

Those numbers dont really mean much in reality as your going to have battery power and the whole dynamic power side of amps playing music to take into account. Unless your running tones all the time.

Well then are either of those going to be able to handle me driving my Jeep and playing music at the same time?

I have a 99 jeep grand cherokee with a 4.7L V8 and i got a 180 amp alternator to run about 3000 watts rms.. I got it for extremely cheap!! would you like me to send the link to you?

from where, ebay? those alts suck donkey dick. unless you paid at least like $300-350 for that thing, its not that great of quality. just saying.

edit: did you get it from here or something? http://www.maniacele...amphioual6.html

edit 2: guarantee you they just swapped out the stator for a bigger one. maybe the diodes too. all in a stock casing. cant imagine the heat coming off of that thing.

Yeah thats the exact one i got.. and it powers my stuff fine.

Edited by TeamHirshAudio

250a x 14.4 = 3600 watts

Well then are either of those going to be able to handle me driving my Jeep and playing music at the same time?

The 270 and the 250? I would say they would be fine, I meant like your amp is not gonna be pulling max draw all the time, music isn't continuous, so your alt and batteries with have less of a hard time than those sort of numbers say. Its a good thing.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

yea i think either or should be fine for 1500 watts rms haven't gotten to far into this subject so if someone would like to come in or back me up

ouch i got ninja'd like a rock stuck on shore

Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

250a x 14.4 = 3600 watts

The 270 and the 250? I would say they would be fine, I meant like your amp is not gonna be pulling max draw all the time, music isn't continuous, so your alt and batteries with have less of a hard time than those sort of numbers say. Its a good thing.

Oh okay. So my alt and amp problem is solved.

Thanks guys once again. I was hoping to get my other questions answered as well if that is no problem. Any other tips as well?

ok forget the other questions. What I really would like to know is what's the most output amp I can get. I guess what I mean is how many watts amplifier can I hook up? (Really not sure how to ask that question correctly but I hope you guys know what I mean)